Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Align t-rex 600n project

Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

Align t-rex 600n project

Old 07-20-2014, 09:46 AM
flyingjmerritt
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well least now i'm starting to move forward with the helicopter project. now all i need to do is save the other half of the money so i can buy the new engine.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:18 PM
flyingjmerritt

well post man brought me some parts today! i did overlook one item though. the set screws for the skid pipes woops!

got the aluminum kde receiver installed. got mostly the landing braces and skid pipes on. missing set screws i forgot to order but that my fault lol. did not put any thread locker on the bolts at this point. waiting till i get the motor installed before i put the thread locker on before i get it permanently mounted. well least helicopter is starting to take shape a little bit lol. now just need to get the engine and some hardware i forgot for the skids. then can move on to the next few steps
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010107_04.JPG
Views:	570
Size:	798.9 KB
ID:	2016994   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010108_03.JPG
Views:	544
Size:	985.6 KB
ID:	2017000  
Old 07-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You are making better progress than I am

Originally Posted by flyingjmerritt
well post man brought me some parts today! i did overlook one item though. the set screws for the skid pipes woops!

got the aluminum kde receiver installed. got mostly the landing braces and skid pipes on. missing set screws i forgot to order but that my fault lol. did not put any thread locker on the bolts at this point. waiting till i get the motor installed before i put the thread locker on before i get it permanently mounted. well least helicopter is starting to take shape a little bit lol. now just need to get the engine and some hardware i forgot for the skids. then can move on to the next few steps
flyingjmerritt,

Not many participants in this thread.
I am fathfully following along and rejoice of your progress.

Lots have to take priority over the hobby financial budget.
I know all about that trying to make the ends meet every month.

Best 2 U from Zor
Old 07-26-2014, 12:28 PM
flyingjmerritt

thanks. been enjoying assembling this helicopter and been learning alot from it.
its starting to look like a helicopter little bit lol. just need the motor and few other pieces and some servo's and i will be ready to start assembling the tail rotor parts.
been buying the optional parts which cost some money here and there. but i rather have aluminum parts in the place of plastic parts. and keep the plastic to a minimum.
also added few extra aluminum frame stiffeners to keep the frame strong as well.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:55 PM
flyingjmerritt

UPDATE:
sorry for no updates lately. had some big expense last week my truck transmission went out that cost me $2,700 ouch!!! which means broken truck and i'm out of work till it gets fixed. anyway truck transmission is rebuilt now and all good now. anyway bought few t-rex parts lots that had some of the parts i needed in it like tail boom,tail rotor case,torque tube,metal tail pitch,metal control arm set,horizontal stabilizer free parts lol. now just need 1 kde direct part,some kde tail boom support rods and some gears. got about 3/4 the parts to get me started and the new gears are on there way here. should have those some time this week. i buy parts lots so i pick out what parts i need and sell the rest. kinda disappointed did not get to fly it this summer sigh! nothing says can't fly it on nice winter days though when i get it flying lol.

Name:	P1010005.JPG
Views:	519
Size:	700.3 KB
ID:	2040810  
Old 10-18-2014, 02:07 AM
Zor
Banned

Default One of your faithful follower

Originally Posted by flyingjmerritt

UPDATE:

sorry for no updates lately. had some big expense last week my truck transmission went out that cost me $2,700 ouch!!! which means broken truck and i'm out of work till it gets fixed. anyway truck transmission is rebuilt now and all good now. anyway bought few t-rex parts lots that had some of the parts i needed in it like tail boom,tail rotor case,torque tube,metal tail pitch,metal control arm set,horizontal stabilizer free parts lol. now just need 1 kde direct part,some kde tail boom support rods and some gears. got about 3/4 the parts to get me started and the new gears are on there way here. should have those some time this week. i buy parts lots so i pick out what parts i need and sell the rest. kinda disappointed did not get to fly it this summer sigh! nothing says can't fly it on nice winter days though when i get it flying lol.

Hello and good morning flyingjmerritt,

Nice to see you are stil progressing.
A hobby is for leisure times when we have some and has to stay within our financial situation.

Myself I just spent $896.00 for replacing a failed computer in my Ford ThunderBird.
It sure cuts off the hobby budget.

I will be here continuing to follow your progress.
Take it easy and enjoy _ _ _

Best regards from Zor.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
flyingjmerritt

thanks going to start assembling the tail rotor assembly this week as soon as i get my new gears and hardware in the mail. at least get some of it started.
some how i started with one project and now one turned into five lol. but was too good of a deals to pass up. now i have a thunder tiger x50 i paid $150 that has a light roll,then another t-rex 600N that i paid $200 for that had a light wreck. and still have another t-rex 600N and 700 in my dresser drawer that needs assembling still. been pulling parts out of my parts lots for those too.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:44 PM
flyingjmerritt

UPDATE 10/23/14
got the tail boom parts installed. the book calls for one bearing in the tail boom. i had an extra tail boom bearing so i installed 2 tail boom bearings to help with vibration.

got the tail boom and torque tube installed on the helicopter. now just need to work on the tail rotor parts.

also changed my mind and changed out the white main gears to the black main gears was told the black gears were lot better ones.

Name:	P1010043.JPG
Views:	544
Size:	859.0 KB
ID:	2041897   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010045.JPG
Views:	513
Size:	725.2 KB
ID:	2041899   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010044.JPG
Views:	535
Size:	784.8 KB
ID:	2041900  
Old 10-23-2014, 10:40 PM
flyingjmerritt

UPDATE 10/24/14
got the main gear installed,main mast installed, swash plate and rotor head on just for fitment. will not be able to hook those up till i get an swashplate leveler and get the radio and servos as those will come little later. also got some kde direct tail upgrades and parts ordered or least what i can afford right now. rest i will have to order later lol.

Name:	P1010048.JPG
Views:	691
Size:	825.1 KB
ID:	2041913  
Old 11-11-2014, 10:52 PM
flyingjmerritt

UPDATE 11/12/14

installed the tail rotor along with the KDE direct tail rotor upgrade. now all i need are the tail boom supports,tail control rod.
next will be the expensive stuff engine,radio system,3 axis gyro. for the motor thinking os 55HZ-H,for radio thinking Futaba 2.4GHz S/FHSS 8JH Radio System,gyro BeastX Microbeast Plus Flybarless Unit.

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Name:	P1010060.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	843.9 KB
ID:	2046841  
Old 11-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Zor
Banned

flyingjmerritt,

Not many people in this thread but I am following along.

I can only offer some encouragement with the unique type of activities you are doing.

Best 2 U,

Zor
Old 11-17-2014, 06:25 PM
flyingjmerritt

zor

thanks. now all i need is the tail boom supports. pretty soon i will need servos and radio system before i can hook up the swash plate.
getting close to finishing the first helicopter. witch is my personal helicopter with modifications lol. got 2 more have to rebuild too lol
Old 01-31-2015, 02:59 AM
flyingjmerritt

been a while since i updated. finally got around to buying some of the expensive stuff. got this radio system used for $250 http://www.amain.com/futaba-10jh-2.4...ceiver/p297659. also managed to pick up an used os 55hz for $75 that needed a new bearing. so replaced both front and back bearings. this engine is normally around $300! now all i need is servos,gyro,governor,battery,charger to make it all go. so i'm making some progress slowly. heck at this rate might even be a chance to have it flying by this spring lol.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:02 AM
flyingjmerritt

hey zor what happened to you? your profile says you been banned?
Old 08-10-2015, 08:23 PM
poison

Hey flyingj you get your trex 600 done yet. It was looking good man
Old 08-11-2015, 01:15 PM
flyingjmerritt

Originally Posted by poison
Hey flyingj you get your trex 600 done yet. It was looking good man
getting close! since last update bought 4 align ds615 and a align ds655 tail servo,gpro gyro, and just bought a scot gray reactor x2 voltage regulator for the helicopter.
now all i need that's left is tail boom support rods,canopy and blades.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:37 PM
poison

Cool you almost there. Hey I have them servos on my 550 useing them for few months now like them. Just keep eye on there temp I was having temp problems with elevator servo. I think it is because my helie is little tail heavy and servo is working harder than it should be. I added some weight to see if that keep the temp down. Let me know how you like your bird. Have a great night.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:27 PM
flyingjmerritt

Cool you almost there. Hey I have them servos on my 550 useing them for few months now like them. Just keep eye on there temp I was having temp problems with elevator servo. I think it is because my helie is little tail heavy and servo is working harder than it should be. I added some weight to see if that keep the temp down. Let me know how you like your bird. Have a great night.
nice to know. i have not even powered up my servo's yet other then to test them. waiting to get my voltage regulator. i know on helifreak someone told it was not a good idea to use servo's very long without the voltage regulator because its too much voltage. just got my front linkages installed for the aileron and pitch servo's going to the swash plate.
thinking about useing the optional elevator arm before i can hook the back one up. but i'm getting there slowly.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:29 PM
flyingjmerritt

more current picture for now.

Name:	P1010101.JPG
Views:	506
Size:	795.2 KB
ID:	2114006  
Old 08-12-2015, 07:42 AM
poison

Looking good. Like orange landing skids.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:55 AM
flyingjmerritt

Looking good. Like orange landing skids.
ya i put them on to help keep orientation during flight. i'v added few aftermarket parts to it here and there.
but for most part most of it is align parts. but this is not i kit helicopter! not bad for building it out of parts lots.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:59 AM
flyingjmerritt

got my elevator arm and gyro foam pads coming. once i get all the electronics mounted i will take some more current pictures.