Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

Mikado 600 2017 Advice

Old 09-14-2017, 12:56 AM
Justflying1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Mikado 600 2017 Advice

Hello,
Just to give you a little info about myself. I am currently flying a Protos 500 and before this I was flying MCPX helicopters. I also fly fixed wing gas,turbine and electric. This is my first helicopter I am going to assemble as previously I have bought them ready to fly. I fly scale and my goal is to one day build my dream scale helicopter. Anyway first is first and the more senior pilot at my club told me it was time to move up to something bigger and assemble it myself so I get an idea how to do it. So I bought my self a Mikado 600 2017 which I am going to set up on 12S. I know I only fly scale but I want to build it so if I want to sell it down the track the person that buys it can still do some crazy flying LOL. I need your opinion on what you people think and recommend for my set up.
Servos I was thinking of using are BK 7001HV x 3 and BK 7005HV x 1
Motor wise on the instructions it is showing the Scorpion HK 4525 370kv. I have a scorpion motor on my Protos Helicopter which I'm happy with so I was going to stick with Scorpion. Speed controller I have always had Castle creations so I was thinking about sticking with his brand. Which one do you think I should get. I do however want to run a seperate flight pack battery. I was thinking the Castle creations 120 amp HV. Is this over kill? I also would like to stick with the Mikado V bar.
In my Protos I have the Mikado mini V bar. Mikado now sell different V bars and I'm confused on which one I should get for my Helicopter. Can someone give me there opinion on which Mikado V bar I should choose. I fly with JR DSMX so I would like to just connect my sat receivers direct to the V bar like my Protos helicopter has. Your help and advise would me much appreciated. I also want to mention that I am not looking to build on the cheap. I do however want a helicopter which has quality parts and will do what I want it to do which is fly scale but also be able to perform some crazy flying if I end up selling it down the track. Thank you.
Ivan

Last edited by Justflying1; 09-14-2017 at 01:01 AM.

Search this Thread