Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

my TT raptor30 tail rattles or shakes left to right

Community
Search
Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

my TT raptor30 tail rattles or shakes left to right

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:06 PM
horsenlion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my TT raptor30 tail rattles or shakes left to right

Hello Everyone,

Please find some time for this problem. I'm new in heli and just crushed a TT Raptor30. i fixed it back. i changed necessary broken parts. now my friend who is more experienced tried it and the tail rattles or shakes left to right. we check on the table but the gyro works or atleast it look like its working. what do you think is the problem. Is it gyro, servo? THE SETUP has been checked and they all ok's it. now i also changed the main shaft (i didn't think at first that i should change it during after crush but i haven't test it yet after the main shaft changed). pls. review and give some analysis and recommendation. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Beachcomber

Default RE: my TT raptor30 tail rattles or shakes left to right

If the tail is oscillating left-to-right at one or two cycles per second, that is usually a gyro gain adjustment, or the position of the tail servo forward/backward on the tail boom. If it's going much faster than that, more like a vibration, then probably something is bent from the last crash. Like main shaft (you said that got replaced), or feathering shaft, or tail shaft. Not sure if unbalanced main blades would cause your problem.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Pellicle
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: my TT raptor30 tail rattles or shakes left to right

Check to make sure the tail linkage has no slop or binding. Damage can cause this and can make it difficult for the gyro to control the tail properly. Also check you tail rotor shaft. A bent shaft after a crash can cause vibration or binding. This may be apparent by strong vibration coming from the tail. This can also cause problems with the gyro performance and also can stress the mechanics in general. You note rattling - the tail spins very fast and can cause severe vibration - even a tail blase with wear can cause this. IT can shake rattle and roll you whole copter.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:29 PM
flyingjmerritt
My Feedback: (3)

i agree with beachcomber and pellicle. if you crashed your helicopter i would suspect something got bent in the tail. my guess would be your tail shaft. i would take the tail rotor assembly apart and inspect it. check the gears are not stripped,check the bearings they should be smooth when you spin them. if they feel grainy or rough i would replace them. also check the tail rotor shaft is not bent. few ways you could do this. you could put it in a lathe with a dial indicator, another way use a straight edge like a hobby ruler. put it against the ruler and check it in a few spots if you can see light between the shaft and ruler its bent, another way is roll it across a flat surface with your hand if you can feel a wobble in it probably bent. also while your at it i would check the bearing on the mast as well,check the main mast,feathering shaft,check main gear to make sure the teeth are not stripped as well. and if its a flybar type head also check and make sure the flybar rod is not bent as well. i would check the main frame make sure its not broke/cracked, also check the tail boom make sure thats not bent as well as the torque tube if it has one in it. hope this helps.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flyingjmerritt

i agree with beachcomber and pellicle. if you crashed your helicopter i would suspect something got bent in the tail. my guess would be your tail shaft. i would take the tail rotor assembly apart and inspect it. check the gears are not stripped,check the bearings they should be smooth when you spin them. if they feel grainy or rough i would replace them. also check the tail rotor shaft is not bent. few ways you could do this. you could put it in a lathe with a dial indicator, another way use a straight edge like a hobby ruler. put it against the ruler and check it in a few spots if you can see light between the shaft and ruler its bent, another way is roll it across a flat surface with your hand if you can feel a wobble in it probably bent. also while your at it i would check the bearing on the mast as well,check the main mast,feathering shaft,check main gear to make sure the teeth are not stripped as well. and if its a flybar type head also check and make sure the flybar rod is not bent as well. i would check the main frame make sure its not broke/cracked, also check the tail boom make sure thats not bent as well as the torque tube if it has one in it. hope this helps.
lyingjmerritt,

And I fully agree with your recommendations _ _ _

Your post is certainly good advice for any reader experiencing abnormal or severe vibrations.

You are responding to a 4 1/2 years old silent thread but there might be readers that can certainly profit as they might read new recent postings.

I am with you all the way _ _ _

Zor
Old 04-29-2014, 10:37 PM
flyingjmerritt
My Feedback: (3)

woops lol. i just now seen the date on it. for some reason i thought it was a new post.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:53 AM
markebooboo
My Feedback: (23)

it is good info, helped me to. i didnt see date.....thanks
Old 04-30-2014, 07:05 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My own experience

Hey fellows,

How do you think I ... now ... notice these things ?
Simply by doing the same many times.

I now always look at the dates but old postings still have much value and many contains very good advice.
Years ago I responded to a dead thread in the sense that no activity had taken place for many months.
That rejuvanated the thread that is still active these days after many years.

Same could happen here. Many pilots need to reduce vibrations and objectionable shaking of their helicopter(s).

You may have done a good deed for many readers.

Zor