Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Century "47" & Jetranger fllybarless

Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

Century "47" & Jetranger fllybarless

Old 01-29-2010, 01:11 PM
D.J. Erlenbach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Century "47" & Jetranger fllybarless

My own conversion! All stock parts modified. No fancy " V-Bars " or Skookums!! The Jetranger has two Eflite G110's on the cyclic. The "47" has two 401's ! Thought heading hold would be the nuts, BUT " norm" gyro proved to be the best. Both are as stable or more so than with the flybar. Won't do any 3D with them, but sure makes for some nice " scale " flying. I think I may take the Efliltes off and replace with HK 401B's. Ever try them ?? Hold as good as a 401 for $15.00 !!!! It just took some fancy figuring to the ball extensions on the grips the right length to keep my old pitch curve. Got the cyclic low rates down quite a bit. Squirrly in "high" !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50736.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1367224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17788.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1367225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk15683.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	1367226  
Old 02-04-2010, 06:15 PM
D.J. Erlenbach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Century

Just to add some more notes on my conversion. Century is mechanical mix like a Raptor so CCPM mixing is not needed. The Jet Ranger actually has Helimax Kinetic 50 mechanics in it, but is the same. Mechanical mix - 1 servo for aileron. 1 servo for elevator, and one for pitch. The gyros are on the Ail. & Elv servos. Won't try to explain, but got the " won't work in heading -hold " figured out. Has to do with the center point of the trans. stick ! You are constantly correcting so the stick never really rests at center. The gyro gets confused! Both are "50" size, but the "47" has a O.S. 37, - 30 gearing but pulling 600mm blades. Hauls it like a champ!! Saw on another forum a guy in the U.K. was doing mild 3D aerobaticts with one with a "37" in it! Better pilot than me.