RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Flybarless Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/flybarless-helicopters-507/)
-   -   AN HONEST QUESTION 4-U ! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/flybarless-helicopters-507/10723098-honest-question-4-u.html)

Barrrick 09-18-2011 04:34 PM

AN HONEST QUESTION 4-U !

1 Attachment(s)
I came into a MINI TITAN RTF 325- with the COBRA SCALE fuselaje - AH-1W x it is still in the box but I did open it up to verify everything. The first impression that I get is that it is quite hard to get started with it, but it does come with a whole bunch of stuff, extra LiPo batterys , good book information etc etc

I am in the intermediate stages of the learning helis process. But I do ENJOY the mCP-X flybarless helicopter which I can fly well but haven't yet pushed into stunts for lack of space.
I have a bunch of other helis like RAPTORS, INNOVATORS, HB 2 & 3, AXE 400, TREX 450, etc etc
For more clarity here are two pictures of the model as it came out of the box.

And here's my QUESTION 4 U : is it worthwhile converting this model into a FLYBARLESS one ? the conversion would probably be done before ever flying it should the decision be reached to convert it

I AM READY FOR OPINIONS ON THIS DEAL.....;)

BarracudaHockey 09-19-2011 11:38 AM

RE: AN HONEST QUESTION 4-U !

Can you? Sure thing. I'd use a Beast-X for the price and decent performance.

What are you expecting FBL to do for you? It will surely look cool, thats for sure.

Barrrick 09-19-2011 03:53 PM

Mr. MODERATOR

thanks for the answer. I have many helicopters w/flybars all. Only one FBL. The mCP X
the reason I want to continue into FBL is hard to explain since it is mostly an INTANGIBLE FEELING
for a much more STEADY, SECURE, STABLE, RESPONSIVE KIND OF FLYING that only the mCPX has
given me so far. I feel I want to continue experiencing this in my next helicopter which would be
this MiniTitan scaler.
A similar situation showed up for me in the early 60 s when for the first time I switched from highwing
dihedralled clunkers to a PATTERN AIRPLANE.
After switching then (for the feeling) I never looked back.......same thing is happening again.
RICK
did I make sense just now ?
[:o]

IF YOU SHOULD READ THIS POST AGAIN : Would you mention the BEST COMPONENTS I should get to do this UpGrade to FBL ?
I registered you advise for the BEAST X and at $ 199.00 it sounds reasonable if, as you say, it's a good one.
Then what about the head ? which brand, model do you suggest ? I think I will stick with a conventional 2 blader, don't want
to get too complicated with multiples......
thank you RICK

Barrrick 09-19-2011 04:52 PM

Mr. MODERATOR

thanks for the answer. I have many helicopters w/flybars all. Only one FBL. The mCP X
the reason I want to continue into FBL is hard to explain since it is mostly an INTANGIBLE FEELING
for a much more STEADY, SECURE, STABLE, RESPONSIVE KIND OF FLYING that only the mCPX has
given me so far. I feel I want to continue experiencing this in my next helicopter which would be
this MiniTitan scaler.
A similar situation showed up for me in the early 60 s when for the first time I switched from highwing
dihedralled clunkers to a PATTERN AIRPLANE.
After switching then (for the feeling) I never looked back.......same thing is happening again.
RICK
did I make sense just now ?

IF YOU SHOULD READ THIS POST AGAIN : Would you mention the BEST COMPONENTS I should get to do this UpGrade to FBL ?
I registered you advise for the BEAST X and at $ 199.00 it sounds reasonable if, as you say, it's a good one.
Then what about the head ? which brand, model do you suggest ? I think I will stick with a conventional 2 blader, don't want
to get too complicated with multiples......
thank you RICK

< Message edited by Barrrick 9/20/2011 1:50 AM >

BarracudaHockey 09-20-2011 05:43 AM

I've never converted a mini titan so I couldn't say with authority but I'll ask around.

Also consider the cost of the FBL unit replaces the tail gyro which can easily be 100 dollars its not all that bad.

Also, my name is Andy when answering threads, I'm only Mr Moderator when I have to get on to someone, kind of like when my mom yelled "Andrew!" I knew I was in trouble :D