Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Need help selecting a plane

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Wolfpack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help selecting a plane

Hi All,

I am a somewhat advanced flyer, gas, electrics, some 3d. My planes have all held up so I have not had to build one for years. In my collection I have a ezipper from wing warrior with a asto 020 brushless running 8 cel nicads. I also have a eraider running the same setup. I know the power for the raider is wrong, but I used it to train my son when he was 6. So I wanna rip out the motor and do a rebuild cause the zipper is getting heavy with all the new tape from landing in the CA desert. So I would like to build a new ezipper and also somehting new.

So I guess since I have been out of the biuld the questions are:

If I buy another ezipper and do a fresh rebuild, but convert to lipos, What lipo packs? I am assuming I can run them with the 020 and the controller that caem with it. My 020 is 7 or 10 years old? I am thinking its a 5 turn? I tried emailing wingwarrior but have not heard back, Tom used to run the company, but not sure if he is around any more.

I would like to use the other brushless in something else, or I can just buy a new motor and speed controller which would be fine. If I bought a new motor and speed controller, what is the latest and greatest wing out there, that will run fast? I am not sure of the speed of a ezipper build but I thought it was doing close to 80-100 when I first built it...? I would like the new plane to atleast do that. What would you recommend for a fresh new 2nd build?

Thanks all in advance for your thoughts...