Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Best Grass Field Foam Aircraft (Full House)

I'm just getting back into RC. Largely because of my 12 year old grandson. And because it's easier than ever. We've started out withMicro aircraft and he's progressing well. He currently flys our Night Vapor and Ember 2 and does a fair job of getting them on the ground in one piece.

I'm pretty sure he will be flying my Micro T-28 out of doors as soon as the weather breaks. Next is teaching him to land a larger scale aircraft. None of the flying fields offer a asphalt runway. So for the most part we have to use grass. It's well mowed but not always perfect.

I've been a big fan of the Park Zone,Hobby Zone aircraft so far.But I realize that there are some other really nice birds out there. We have a Hobby Zone SCLP and I'm sure that will take us a long way.But I'm still interested in other options.

I'll probably purchase the Large Version PZ T-28 in a few weeks.I've already purchased their P-51 BL, but I must admit that one was more for myself.

What do you think would be next in line in the way of a full house 4 channel aircraft that takes off from and lands well on grass?

Thanks,

Bert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Best Grass Field Foam Aircraft (Full House)

Take a look at the Fun Cub.
    Rebel Gunships 1st INF. Div. RVN 67-68
    Former Banner/ Charter pilot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Our Polaris and Aqua Cat are great grass field performers, with the added bonus of being water capable. They are both full house and are wonderful flyers.

Scott

www.ModelAero.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj22033.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	1584423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av69786.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	1584424  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hate to disagree with you about them being a wonderful flyer. They are anything but wonderful, AWESOME, GREAT, FANTASTIC, OH MY GOD GOOD flying planes. They are way better then just wonderful. Wonderful just does not do it.

I have the Polaris in the Coast Guard colors. Way to much fun. I enjoy slowing them down, close to the ground, nose high and see how slow I can go. They float like a kite.

If you do order one to build, you better make it two, one is not enough!!!.

Buzz.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Voodoo101

I'm just getting back into RC. Largely because of my 12 year old grandson. And because it's easier than ever. We've started out withΒ*Micro aircraft and he's progressing well. He currently flys our Night Vapor and Ember 2 and does a fair job of getting them on the ground in one piece.

I'm pretty sure he will be flying my Micro T-28 out of doors as soon as the weather breaks. Next is teaching him to land a larger scale aircraft. None of the flying fields offer a asphalt runway. So for the most part we have to use grass. It's well mowed but not always perfect.

I've been a big fan of the Park Zone,Β*Hobby Zone aircraft so far.Β*But I realize that there are some other really nice birds out there. We have a Hobby Zone SCΒ*LP and I'm sure that will take us a long way.Β*But I'm still interested in other options.

I'll probably purchase the Large Version PZ T-28 in a few weeks.Β*I've already purchased their P-51 BL, but I must admit that one was more for myself.

What do you think would be next in line in the way of a full house 4 channel aircraft that takes off from and lands well on grass?

Thanks,

Bert

Hi Bert, I just got this one a few weeks ago and it's a real nice flying plane right out of the box. The only thing I did was change the rudder servo to a 9 gm metal gear one. Here is a link to the Cermark web page. http://www.cermark.com/products/Fantasy-Racer-BNF.html and here is a video of her flying and landing off of a grass field.

Keep em flying
    raido56/ Herb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0tFLMgK_h8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think those are very interesting. I've been considering one for a while now, and thank you for sending the video. I'm working a bunch of overtime right now, so I'll probably be pulling the trigger in a week or so.

One question that I still have. On the BNF version, what brand of radios will bind wiht the Cermark planes?

Thanks again for the reply,

Bert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Voodoo, I think you've hit it on the head with the PZ T28. There must be a dozen or more in our club that people solo'ed on. I've trimmed at least 6 for newbies. The only recommendation I've made for change is to increase the wheel diameter by 1/2 inch or so on rough grass. It makes a great backup plane too. Then there's the cheap $15 2200 Lipo's so you can fly all day with bothering to charge anything.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I fell pray to the old "boy that sure looks neat" syndrome. Ibought a PKZP-47. But I'm looking at getting a T-28 soon. I've been looking at the Fantisy Racer from Cermark but I think the tried and true PKZT-28 is the logical next step. I've never heard a bad word about the Trojan.And besides, I can fly it too.

We have a Park near the house that is just big enough for the SCLP but I don't feel comfortable taking my hopped up P-51 BLin there. But I fly the UM T-28 on an indoor soccer field. So I'm guessing the big T-28 would be OKin an area about the size of two softball diamonds lined upoutfield to outfield The only real problem is the whole area is in a valley lined on 3 sides by big mature trees...I don't think trees and foamys go too well together.

But I gotta stop buying planes at some point....my little studio/shop in the basement is getting full quick.