Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

BlitzRCWorks 63" EPO Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 AM
pattism
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BlitzRCWorks 63" EPO Mustang

Hello all,

Just got this in yesterday...
BlitzRCWorks 63" EPO Mustang (Gun-Fighter) from BananaHobby.

Quality isn't too bad, a few too many marks/squished areas for my liking though, but okay. I'm sure in time I'll add a lot more marks and squishes of my own. There are a few areas I think I'll add touches of paint also, just to give it a more crisper look.

I'll be putting my own Rx into it.

But here is the interesting part... The instructions only show how to attach servo links. Nothing about the remaining assembly needed.

QUESTION: Before I maiden her I was wondering if anyone knows it's top speed? - Would like to practice on the simulator. Right now I'm guessing 50mph, but perhaps that's wishful thinking.

Any thoughts or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:55 PM
kodiak536

Default RE: BlitzRCWorks 63

LOL...
Welcome to the Chinese made RC.
I got a BZ-16 from them and it too shows mostly photos and no actual instructions.
I just got an airframe only and are in process of assemble as parts come in. Their internal parts are notorious for failure so be aware.
Your estimate of 50 MPH might be close.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Stealthjet

[&o]
Old 03-24-2011, 10:00 AM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pattism,
You might want to replace the retracts with stronger ones, which you can order from Hobbypartz for ~$10.00 ea.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:09 PM
pattism
My Feedback: (6)

Yeap... Retracts really are bad, but what's worst is I'm still waiting for my batteries from HK... Ordered them 26/2/2011

What retracts are you suggesting? - I have no experience with them. I went to the site and searched "retracts". I found a few items that were ~$10, but not sure what is what... Nothing looks familiar.

Also, went with the Rhino 4S-4000-25C. I really like their size
107x34x56, especially the length because I have the ESC mounted on the tip of the battery tray which didn't leave a lot of room for the battery (length). I initially was going to put the Turnigy 4S-3300-25C, but its length was 147mm. Yes, the 4000 weight is heavier (442g VS 337g), but it only add 4% to the total weight of the plane while adding a whopping 21% more mAh.

Thanks for the great inputs ! ! !
Old 05-03-2011, 09:41 PM
bobbyz12

I have the same plane. Assembly wasn't that difficult. Flew the first time and 50 MPH is a good guess. The retracts are bad. Mine folded when I touched down and damaged the wing. Bought the Ten dollar ones from Hobbypartz.com and have had nothing but good function from them.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are the retracts that are recommended in another thread. [link=http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-91-eretract-3-5kg-2-pcs.html]Electric retracts[/link]

I have been reading about these planes. I would like to get one, yet my hobby budget is so small it does not allow me to get a servo, let alone a plane

There is a 119 page thread on the plane at rcg. There are a lot of mods they have done to it. from newer and better decals to pilots and paint jobs.

Buzz.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:41 AM
Detective

I bought this in kit form from blitz. It will not go together. They don't seen interested enough to make it right either. I have a dispute with eBay going on now to get blitz to make it right
Does any one know of another large foamie in kit form, preferably airframe only?
Thanks.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:35 PM
rcjocky11

Check out DW Foamies they have several sizes and models to choose from.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Chriscraft

Hi Guys,
I have received the "Dago Red" P-51 Mustang from Hobby King. I know that this plane is a Blitz RC Works plane from the instructions and workmanship.
I do not like the wires for the retractable tail wheel, but I soldered the wires to make sure the brads do not slip. I also checked the ESC settings
to make sure they are set to the type of battery and brake being on or off. I have yet to maiden the plane but feel sure it might be OK.
I have read about the landing gear being questionable, but will try what I have for now. With this plane and all my airplanes
I check the mechanicals and flight surfaces and, on this plane, check the e-stops for servos and ESC throttle settings.
Hope there are no problems during maiden.[8D]