Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

make cheap easy airplane parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 11:06 PM
finchero
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default make cheap easy airplane parts

CHEAP EASY CONTROL HORNS

take those child safety pugs that go into your house electrical sockets. cut one in half then cut each half in half again. you should now have four pieces, two with the male inserts two without. the ones without are your back plates . drill your hole for your control rods into the male insert. also drill both the back plate and control horn(one hole each corner).add two small screws and you have a set of 10 cent control horns

ADD ANY IDEAS ALL ARE WELCOME
Old 08-19-2003, 04:48 PM
red91sit
My Feedback: (2)

When attaching things with tape into foam airplanes insert a tooth pick in the ends of the tape and it holds it on much better, I'm using this as a battery bay door right now. I double the tape over and stick the tooth pick in at an angle and it keeps my 5 oz battery in place just fine.

:EDIT: Messed up first time
Old 08-25-2003, 05:48 PM
LuckyArmpit

I've also used popsicle sticks. Drill your hole and just glue them into foam. I have a wally wing done this way and it hasn't failed yet.

Dave...
Old 08-28-2003, 03:05 AM
wingo

I use the bread bag little plastic closers, I cut them in half and viola! control horns!