Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Zagi XT

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Talon713

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zagi XT

Having built and flown a few XT's and they all flew great with the stock set up. It sounds as if you may not have enough weight in the nose with the 2S2P lipo pack. The stock SCR1700 pack is pretty heavy. I hate to add weight to any flying wing unless for a specific application requires it, like slopers ect. But you may need to add a little weight to the nose as far forward as possibe with your Lipo battery set up to get it to calm down a little. Remember with the twin engine config. you have plenty of power so carrying a little more weight should be a bad trade off to get it to not have such a mind of it's own! Once you get it dialed in correctly you'll have a great sounding, and flying wing.

Happy Flying!
Old 10-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Cliffw

Mine sounds great but it does need a very forward CG to behave better and even then it is twitchy. Do not get it slow!
CW
Old 10-01-2005, 10:14 PM

My XT with a sub c pack weighs in at 31 ounces- WOW - Thats not right is it?
Old 10-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Talon713

Hey 1776, I would probably go full forward with the stock pack, I'm assuming thats what you are using to make your XT alittle more stable. This may put the CG a little forward of the 8" called for in the building inst. Hope this helps!

Happy Flying!
Old 10-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Cliffw

Yes, that stock 8 cell sub C pack is a beast but is necessary to get you about 8 Min of FT wide eye flying! Mine flys with that pack about 1/4 of an inch back from the forward most edge of the battery compartmant.
CW
Old 10-02-2005, 11:25 PM

Hey thanks alot for the input guys! My poor XT has been sittin in the grass just watchin the others...lol.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Talon713

I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. That's when you'll see all the others sitting in the grass, watching your XT blow by!!
(all the brushed others, that is) HaHa!
Anyway, don't give up!

Happy Flying!!