Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

easy way to get the paper off of foam

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

easy way to get the paper off of foam

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:12 AM
para40sw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easy way to get the paper off of foam

Hi I found an easy way to get the paper off of the dollar tree foam thay many of us use to make foam planes. You do not need to wet it, or heat it ....ect. just use a wooden dowl and roll it off. check it out here. http://youtu.be/3FnZu_5YcVQ if this dosnt work just go to youtube and type in dollar tree foam sort by... upload...date. Works fast and without a lot of problems. hope this helps. Richard
Old 09-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Gohmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: easy way to get the paper off of foam

Did that work well for you?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:07 PM
para40sw

Did 8 sheets and had no problems. These sheets I got from hobby lobby (not hobby lobby the rc store). havent had any problems yet. Are you having problems?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:36 PM
para40sw

What i look for when I buy the foam is....how much is it compressed...some are compressed a lot (skinnier ones) . I stay away from the ones that look like there compressed a lot. I sort through them untell I get the better ones. Hobby lobby (craft store) will have sales every now and then. A buck a sheet. I sort through them and buy enough to last a while. Hope this helps.