Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Motor problems! [Spektrum]

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 02:11 PM
flyinsolo11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor problems! [Spektrum]

Hey all,

Trying to hook up my system to my foamy- everything works as far as ailerons, elevators etc. The throttle is non-responsive however. I am running a DX6i and an AR6200 receiver. No matter where I plug into the receiver (Batt, GEAR, AUX, THRO) it still doesnt work.

Is this a Tx set-up problem, or a connection problem between the motor and the ESC?

Thanks,

Solo
Old 01-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Gohmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Motor problems! [Spektrum]

Make sure your throttle trim and sub trim are all the way down. Throttle channel should not be reversed.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Carlos G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Flyinsolo11,

I would take a known working servo and plug it into the throttle channel to make sure the radio is operating properly. If the servo behaves normally then I would check your ESC. Start with the simple things first...

A). Battery Charged fully ?

B). Polarity correct ?

C). Connections Good at battery to ESC, ESC to receiver, ESC to motor.

D). Throttle stick at idle position when battery is connected to ESC?

E). Sometimes the servo reversing switch may need to be changed to make the ESC to work.

These are a few things I would check before condemning the ESC and sending it off for repair or replacing it.

Hope this helps
Carlos G
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 PM
flyinsolo11

Gohmer- they are all the way down, especially when starting the radio up. Thanks though...

Carlos- yes, the battery is charged, lol. I cant tell if the connections are good as I dont have a voltage checker(need to get one!) I will be taking this contraption into the LHS tomorrow to have them take a look at it. I reversed the throttle servo on the DX6i and still didnt work.

Should the ESC be plugged into the THR slot, or Batt? Also- there are three cords that connect the ESC to the motor- does it matter which connects to which? The ESC cords are black, but the motor cords are color coded.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:40 AM
flyinsolo11

UPDATE: I was messing with the connections and I ripped out my solder job and ended up re-soldering two connections. Now the motor works beautifully. I apologize for wasting your time.

Thanks!