Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

ok ,, where can I find plans for fanfold planes?

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

ok ,, where can I find plans for fanfold planes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 03:19 AM
wingo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok ,, where can I find plans for fanfold planes?

Ive gone completely nuts with my plane spending and was thinking about building some "less" expensive planes.

Where might someone find plans for fanfold type planes?
Old 08-28-2003, 04:57 AM
tailheavy

I highly recomend rc groups.com as the source for great fan fold plan designs. I am currently having a blast with my razor 350 powered 30 inch ultimate biplane. I learned to hover and tork roll with it. And best of all I have no fear of crashing it cause it is so cheap to repair or build another one for that matter.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:34 PM
BykrDan

Also be sure to stop by the picture galleries at www.foamfly.com. Mostly pictures, but there are some great ideas and a few plans in there.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:56 PM
eflyer2

One of the easiest ways to get started is to build a stick type plane, cost is about eight dollars for the plane inc. landing gear and other hardware.
Use a GWS 100-C 3.22 geared motor W/GWS#9070 prop ( $12.99 ) and GWS Pico servos, 4-pin receiver and 5-amp ESC, a seven cell 8.4v 700 mah NiMh battery will round it off for a cost of about $90.00 (AeroMicro.com).
They are easy and build pretty quickly and are great parkflyers, if you need more info on wing bending or whatever just get back to me.
Hope this helps,

EF
Old 08-28-2003, 10:08 PM
Mike Taylor
My Feedback: (1)

Go to Foamfly as Dan suggested. Click on 'Photo Gallery' (on the top of the page), then click on 'GPW's Free PLans' (on the left side-bar). All his stuff rocks (I like the Parkflier "Pete").
Old 08-29-2003, 03:57 AM
tailheavy

I went to foamfly.com and it looks like somebody went through a lot of trouble making that web site. Lot's of info there but I'd rather have my ultimate bipe any day over those planes mentioned on foamfly. Check out the video's on the rcgroup.com thread under foamies/fanfold ultimate bi-plane. That's what sold me on it. I guess you have to have some piloting skills under your belt to handle it but it depends on what your looking for in a plane. I am a 3D guy myself so it has to be highly aerobatic and not look too dorky. If your just into putzin around or the flying wing thing than the foamfly airplanes look like they are your ticket.

Here is a like to some videos: foamyfactory.com
Old 09-06-2003, 03:17 PM
gwinhh-RCU

whjat's the best glue for fan-fold stuff? I've got the pink rather than the blue -- it's all they had.
howell
Old 09-07-2003, 12:21 AM
eflyer2

Probond works good, I am partial to epoxy and use it for most of my gluing chores, Foam friendly CA works good to hold parts or for spot gluing if you use a kicker with it, I also use GWS glue sometimes, allot of people complain about The GWS glue but they don't use it right, it must be used like a contact cement, spread a thin layer on both parts and let it get tacky then put the parts together and apply a little pressure to increase the bond and put it aside for a couple of hours to cure and it holds very well.

Hope this answers your question.

Ef
Old 09-09-2003, 02:10 AM
Larry3215
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: ok ,, where can I find plans for fanfold planes?

I have had great sucess with hot melt glue and epoxy. Hot melt is fast, easy, flexible but somewhat heavy.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:47 PM
Gordito Volador

I have been getting 3 view drawings of my favorite planes from the web, then going to the copy center and having them blown up and using them for templates. I am well into the construction of a nice fanfold SU-27 using this method. Hot melt glue seems to work best for me on the fanfold projects.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:39 PM
Gordito Volador

Try this link for lots of 3 views, you can have them blown up 400% at the copy place and then go at it with your fanfold.

www.airwar.ru/other/drawe.html
Old 09-24-2003, 10:41 PM
StormGald

oK I GOT a question whats good for a speed 400 set up and a 1700 set up. Yes it is from a zagi lol what could I set up or should i just start umm.... carving and try stuff?
Old 09-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Hotwings1357

Here u go a link to a fanfold wing check it out i built 1 pretty good instructions http://home1.gte.net/texhills/index.html