Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Apprentice 15e

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Skropi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apprentice 15e

Hi,
I am new to this forum and unfortunately my first post will be a post intended to bash my favorite plane... First of all let me say that till now I was VERY happy with Horizon Hobby support, but right now I am clearly not. I recently,about 10 days ago, bought the apprentice 15e, I bought it because I got assurance from Horizon Hobby that the newer models come with an all metal motor. It came up because my brother's apprentice came with the plastic end-bell and I saw how fragile it is. After I received an e mail from Horizon Hobby (the German department),that the issue is taken care off with more recent models,I bought one. To my surprise it came with a plastic end-bell.I've contacted both the US and the German department and till now I've had no response(maybe its too early,I hope they reply on Monday).Let me add that I bought it from the official dealer here in Greece and that it ewas part of new stock that he received,as he didnt have the plane in stock till I bought it,so it was not a forgotten model in his store. IF Horizon Hobby doesnt make it right with the motor(no damage to my motor yet,as I just flew it once till now),I will really be dissapointed as I cant afford a new motor and esc just because someone assured me that the new motors are upgraded.
Another problem I have(though not so severe,as the plane flew very well,even in the extreme wind I flew it),is that(in the first post those pics depict the matter perfeclty) http://www.horizonrcflyers.com/forum...?t=1880&page=1, now Horizon Hobby US told me to send it in for inspection(which I will not do as I cant afford to pay postage,let alone it being the responsibility of the seller,at least here in the European Union),and the German department told me that it is ok,again a responsible answer is all that I need.
My biggest gripe,however,is the plastic motor... If anyone has experience with those matters is welcome to help,I would really like though if HH can help direclty through the forum as I dont know if the e-mails are enough.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Apprentice 15e

Call them. Emails can take days to get a response sometimes.

Be calm and explain the situation, and that you questioned this before buying and received an email from Horizon stating the new versions had metal and not plastic motors.

Then ask for a return shipping label so you can return it for one with the new version motor. Could be they'll just tell you to hold on to the bird and they'll send you another motor.

As for those washers. The same motor set up is used in the Trojan also. Those washers are to go on all four screws. But not between the mounts, they go under the screw heads to act as cushions.
They will start to compress letting you know you got the screw tight enough, before you strip out the threads on the main mount. They are not for changing the angle on the motor.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Skropi

Default RE: Apprentice 15e

Thank you for your response. HH sent me a new motor,and they didnt requier me to send the old one bac,although I was willing too. They came through as always,thats why I am a faithful customer of theirs. Glacier Girl,as you can see in the pics, there are two washers that are only at the right side, HH told that it is  normal,and for all I know the plane flies well as it is,if someone has confirmed better flying characteristics without the washers then I will take them out. ANother advice to all owners,double check that the wing is centerd,it will fly even if it isnt but you will need to compensate with the trims.