Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Need some Help - I want to buy a good Foamie

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Need some Help - I want to buy a good Foamie

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Stickman0403

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some Help - I want to buy a good Foamie

I flew nitro gas planes for several years and recently via a friend got into Foamies.

I have a Mini park flyer P-51, and a battle wing (lov it).

He let me fly his T-28 with an upgraded motor, nice plane. So now I am in the market for a nice plane.

I saw a P-51, P-38 from Nitro Planes and I think Banana H, both look nice and flew very nice. But as I read here (and I have done a lot of reading) neither of these enitites are promoted that well....

(not to mentioned that you can not buy parts....)

I need some help decided on afoamie, decent size 50, 60 in wingspan, with good power and would be excellent to be a BNF with with Spectrum Rec.

I love the War Bird Look and probable will eventually buy a P-51 (balsa), but for now I would like a War Bird Foamie (a little more forgiving, than Balsa).

Can anyone recommed a nice Scale War Bird?

Retracts - yes
Flaps - yes
Parts available - yes
good power

Thanks for any advice in advance....

Hide Signatures
Old 04-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Need some Help - I want to buy a good Foamie

Well if you liked the FMS birds at BH and NP, take a look here.
www.pw-rc.com

Phillip provides Horizon like service, and just like them carries the parts you might need.

Yep they ship out of China, but you'll not find another place like his for selection and service.
Oh and unlike the other places, he will answer your emails pretty quick.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Stickman0403

Checking it out. Thx
Old 04-19-2012, 07:09 PM
stinky424

Hello
I have the nitroplanes airfield 1400mm P51 awesome plane but yes they dont have good support or part supplies. When I recieved mine the ESC was not working properly and after 30 minutes on hold I finally reached someone and they would send me one in about three weeks. So I purchased my own and have not had a prob since. I just a DX8 and works great. You can get a few parts for the FMS version they are the same.
Happy hunting

Old 05-04-2012, 07:25 PM
IfIHadWings

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought Nitro's Airfield/FMS 1400mm RTF Corsair and learned quickly that Airfield shouldn't be in the Tx/Rx business.  I have since scraped those items and replaced them with a DX7s/AR8000 with absolutely no problems.  The kits are well made but require a bit of attention - proper hinges, increased ventilation, etc. 
As you've mentioned, Nitro/FMS has fantastic looking foamie warbirds but their service and parts after the sale are horrible.  I've used PW-RC mentioned previously and Hobby Paradise...you can find what  you need in the virtual world. Good luck!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:01 AM
Stickman0403

Thx, the feedback. I decided to go with the Parkzone Spitfire w retracts. I love this plane.