Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dynam electric motor only chatters

Just completed a built of the Dynam Spitfire (1200mm). All control sufaces work fine, however, giving throttle only results in the engine chattering back and forth. Any ideas? Just a bad ESC? Any testing recommendations?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dynam electric motor only chatters

hi, I had the same problem while building a concorde twin, when I soldered my connections, appaarentely had a bad connection on one motor, did exactly what yours is doing, just chattered back and forth, check your connections carefully, I think you'll find a bad one somewhere, after I made a good connection, motor ran perfectly, hope this helped, like seeing success and happy flying

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dynam electric motor only chatters

Thanksfor the guidance. I did remove the engine and found that one of the wires from the ESC was indeed disconnected. I reconnected it and everything works great. Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    set your timing to low. I had the same thing with the waco. I used the program card to make it easy--no beeps to listen for.
    Frank