Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Is There ANY better Foamy Glue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 08:46 AM
oldbassard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is There ANY better Foamy Glue?

Hey Gang

I am rather new to Foamies and there may be others out there who might benefit from this discussion also.

I was trying to find the best glue for tearing elevator hinges on my Flyzone DH Beaver. After a lot of looking on here and youtube I found what I think may be the perfect glue for it. It's called "Welder" It's in a small red tube at a lot of hardware and home building type stores, I tried it out, you do need to paint brush it into the fibres of the foam but when it dries it has a rubber like consistancy (Great for hinges) I believe it's would be great for busted wings and fuselages too. There's a tutorial about it on youtube called "Foam Hinge Repair by rich Baker in HD" Great Tutorial.

I am sure there are a ton of you guys out there who already knew about this, I am just trying to help those who may not. If there is a better glue on the market, I'd sure like to know about it.

Bassard