Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

No more chicom foamies for me

Old 11-14-2013, 07:04 AM
oldbassard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default No more chicom foamies for me

I bought the Flyzone DH Beaver. I had a little problem and broke the propeller, I have been waiting over two months for a new propeller.. Anyone know of a company in the USA I can get a thin prop for this thing, I am sort of new to electric flight.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:33 AM
bchapman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbassard View Post
I bought the Flyzone DH Beaver. I had a little problem and broke the propeller, I have been waiting over two months for a new propeller.. Anyone know of a company in the USA I can get a thin prop for this thing, I am sort of new to electric flight.
In my opinion, all you'll get out of the chicom foamies and electrics in general is frustration. They're good for a first r/c plane, but they usually aren't very controllable, crash often and getting parts is usually difficult. You'd didn't say whether you are new to r/c or not, but if you are, the best thing to do is to get a normal (0.40 cu in) size trainer and take it to your local club field and get started with an instructor. You'll have a much better experience!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:24 AM
raptureboy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Buy another new prop off of tower. You don't need an OEM prop APC and master airscrew makes tons of electric props. Foamies a great for learning to fly on and ceap enough to buy another if you really bash it up.

Search this Thread