Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

2 Awesome Planes

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2 Awesome Planes

I use to fly balsa/monocoat/ Saito 4 strokes and 1/4 scale gas bipes, but got tired of all the maintainance, and left the hobby for a few years.
I came back all electric, and have been having a blast. My last two plane purchases were the Durafly Monocoupe 110 (Little Butch), and the Parkzone Icon A5.
The Monocoupe is amazing with it's scale detail, and flys like it's on rails. It lands sweet, and flys great slow or fast. I have maybe 30 or 40 flights on it so far, and highly recomend it. It's a real beauty and a great flyer.
My most recent purchase was a Parkzone Icon A5. The Icon A5 is a real plane, and the Parkzone model is an amazingly accurate scale model of it. It doesn't have folding wings and retracts like the real A5, but hey, the full scale A5 starts at around $139000.00.
Like the Monocoupe, it also uses 3S, 2200mah Lipo's. Just like the Monocoupe, the maiden went without a hitch. It flys great, and lands beautifully. On the ground, it handles way better than any plane i've ever flown, and you can race it around like an rc car almost.
The Icon A5 is sort of a cross between a jet ski, a sports car, and a plane, and it's a real joy to fly and land. I havn't tried mine out on water yet, but im really looking forward to it. I bought the Parkzone Icon A5 PNP from Hobbyzone for under $120.00 shipped, and the Durafly Monocoupe PNP from Hobby King for under $140.00 shipped. Both planes are awesome scale models, fly fantastic, and almost land them selves. These are 2 "must have" planes in my opinion. Dennis

Last edited by freeonthree; 08-20-2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Add Info
Old 09-16-2013, 10:18 PM
freeonthree

Well, I've been flying both planes for a while now, and both planes have been flawless, I don't know what else to say except aside from ocassionally checking screws and such, they have both been zero hassel and a real joy to own and fly. I still need to try the Icon A5 out on water, but im sure it will do equally well there judging by the video's i've seen. Dennis
Old 12-17-2013, 10:27 PM
freeonthree

I have an update on the Durafly Monocoupe. It's been my favorite plane since I bought it, and so far it has been a real joy. I must have at least 200 flights on it now, and it has been flawless. It flys like it's on rails, and will do anything you ask of it within reason. It will not hang on the prop and then accellerate upward like the 3D guys do, but thats about all it won't do. I havn't clocked it, but it's pretty zippy, and it practically flys and lands itself. It will fly on 20C 2200mah batts and not even get them warm. Im still on the origional prop too. It's a real nice plane, and if you don't own one yet, your missing out.
I havn't flown the Icon A5 much, so I can't really say much about it, other than it won't do a roll, but it lands and taxies nice, and looks cool.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:31 PM
freeonthree

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Durafly Monocoupe at the field 002.jpg
Views:	779
Size:	457.2 KB
ID:	1948579   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Parkzone Icon A5 002.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	467.2 KB