Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nitroplanes mini pop wing

Just finished building my mini pop wing and I find that the prop supplied with the kit is too big. The tips of the prop hits the pop wing. So my question is do I trim the prop or cut back the wing so the prop fits?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Are you using the recommended 5X3 prop? looking at the webpage there appears to be plenty of room between the TE and the prop.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    It's. The prop that came in the box. Im wondering if i didnt mount the motor correctly?.
    when i get home i'll check the prop size just to make sure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I didn't know that the motor mount was not attached at the factory. It doesn't look like it could be mounted wrong. Although we have a saying in the boat business "there is nothing so simple it can't be done wrong". I noted that in the spec box it mentions a 5X3 prop but further down it mentions a 5X3 OR a 6X3. I really doubt that motor will effectively spin that large of a prop. One inch increase in diameter is huge increase on the motor load. Best to check that setup with a watt meter before trying it.

http://www.headsuphobby.com/AEO-DC-W...?categoryId=-1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I checked the prop and it is a GWS 5x3. And it's only long on one side so something isn't quite correct. I installed the motor mount and lined it up with the center line of the wing. (where the two wings are glued together). No matter I have a shorter one I can use and I may just trim the prop to fit. Using a watt meter is a excelent idea.

thanks

"It's only long on one side". That's priceless!!! So, it's only 1/2 wrong; the other side is the correct length.

I'm trying to imagine how this could happen in the manufacturing process; and it eludes me. Therefore, there had to be a HUMAN BEING involved somewhere!!!.

I thing this problem has occurred before; and there is a fix, it is the "offset engine mount" which would raise the engine/motor, only on the long side not the short side

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    That's what I love about this hobby... It inspires people to overcome the impossible