Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

1100mm EPO Warbirds

Old 04-14-2014, 07:47 AM
superchargedill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 1100mm EPO Warbirds

Hi Guys,
I have been flying nitro for about 25 years now and recently picked up a couple of electrics at 2 different swap meets. The first one was a Parkzone P-47 with a battery and receiver for $50.00 ( no landing gear ) and the second was a Parkzone P-51 with a battery for $30.00. Both were in excellent shape. I really like the size, ease of transporting ( can leave the wings on ) and picked up some extra 11.1v 2200mAh 20C Venom batteries at $18.99 and once in a while I get a coupon and pick one up for $14.00.

My boy (11years old) flies the P-47 and would like to add retracts. Which retracts would work the best on this Parkzone plane ?

I am flying the P-51 and love the way it flies and handles. However I would like just a little more speed. Is there a different prop that may work ? I see that Venom has 2 other 2200mAh batteries that will fit either plane. One is a 40C and one is a 50C. The P-47 has a 30amp ESC and the P-51 has an 18amp ESC. I am trying to learn what works with what along the way. Can we use a higher C rating or will that over power our current ESC's ?

If I were to upgrade the motor and ESC on the P-51, what would be a good fit that would work with an 11.1v 2100mAh 20C or would a new combo handle the 2200mAh 40C/50C better ?

My next question is, Which company makes the best quality EPO/ Foam Warbirds in the 1100mm range 39"- 45" wing with retracts. Different companies for each plane is okay.
P-51
P-47
F4U
BF109
FW190
Zero

Thanks, Dil Brandow