Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

HK J-3 Navy Piper

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 10:17 AM
sosterhaus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HK J-3 Navy Piper

Have this plane and enjoy the look and flying characteristics for the most part. However, very difficult with orientation as dark color is tough to determine if coming or going. So far no major issue but couple close calls as controls even with lots of expo really react.

Thought about repainting with better color scheme but then lose the replica details the plane has. Since I bought it new at a swap meet for a great price guess repainting isn’t a big issue, but maybe other ideas that save the details. Need to solve this or one of the close calls will resolve my dilemma.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Steve
Old 08-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Slow-Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had that concern myself with a P-47 and a Messerschmidt, I didn't want to ruin the paint schemes so I decided to add some temporary decals (stripes) so I would have a better feel for orientation and if I ever want to restore the original look, I can simply peel the decals off.
You just have to make sure the decals aren't too sticky.
I used some paper decals that were easily softened with a damp cloth for removal.

I have a couple of planes that I would rather showcase than fly so I just leave those hanging from the ceiling and never fly them. So it's either have them painted or marked for flying or leave the scheme alone and don't fly them. :-D

Not sure why but these forums seem to be pretty much dead these days. Hardly any responses anymore! :-(

Anyway, hope this helps!