Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Art-Tech 3Ch Cessna 182 RC Radio Control Plane

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Art-Tech 3Ch Cessna 182 RC Radio Control Plane

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 04:12 AM
Duffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Art-Tech 3Ch Cessna 182 RC Radio Control Plane

I sent parkflyers an E-mail and they said check back next week
Old 12-31-2004, 07:27 AM
TZoidpro

I bought mine from them too.....They told me they would have a part list on their website by next week to order from. I tried to order parts when I bought the plane and they did not have any. Did you have any other issues besides the Not So Good Landing one....I am thinking of taking it to the LHS and asking them what upgrades need to be done to make for better and easier flight.

Zoid
Old 12-31-2004, 11:54 AM
MattUpson

Hi,

Im new to r/c planes, and got this plane for christmas. I have not flown it yet, mainly because i live in UK, and wheather its poor over here. Im am hopefully having my first flight tommoro, is there any tips/mods to plane, you would recomend before flying? There is a mail order shop in UK that holds many spares by the way if anyone is interested?

Many Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-31-2004, 08:26 PM
marriner294

hi,
ime also new to r/c hobbies nd live in the uk. I finaly went out wih my plane yesterday and ot started to climb pretty well i just used the rudder to manouver the plane at first. When i got to a fairly decent hight i thougt i would take a bit of throttle of (shudnt have done that) because in the instruction book it says it can fly with 30 percent charge. Then i tried to turn with the aleirons and the plane kind of crash into the ground. The plastic engine housing had a massive dent in it but the motor very suprisingly still worked!!!. The main wing snapped in half but the aleirons were fine. Put some glue on the wing and pinned and stapled in place and i think it will be ok.

________________________________--
Marriner
Old 01-01-2005, 11:32 AM
TZoidpro

Still waiting on my plane to arrive. But sounds like this plane is not very easy to fly. Any GOOD tips on my first day. I am taking the plane to my local hobby shop to make it better. I am just wondering what to expect as I take the big bird off the ground. Any good tips would be greatly appreciated. I would love to fly the plane twice or if I'm lucky three times before ordering the wing, tail, and body for it.

Thanks,
Zoid
Old 01-01-2005, 10:19 PM
rkh32

I got one of these for my son for Christmas. We have done a lot of 'fast taxying' and flown about 100 yards. The thing is build to a price, so some problems:-

1. The hinge on ailerons need fixing - use material webbing to make a hinge.
2. Elevator broke inside the fuz - fixed with some wood.
3. After a short flight, it rolled into a wall & broke knocked out the bearings in the motor. They just push fit but motor mounting was offset, so I have re-aligned with some wooden shims.
4. The small screws which holds the actuator wire to the ailerons horn fell out and the we lost a part. I have now replaced it.
5. The servo for the ailerons was not properly aligned, so I have now re-adjusted (along with fixing problem above)
6. None of the wheels were aligned, so it would not run in a straight line on the ground.

Overall, not RTF, but good enough for the money, especially as a first time trainer. I'll post again after we have done some more serious flying.

Rob...
Old 01-01-2005, 10:39 PM
very-short

Hi All ,
Im looking at getting one of these planes as well, they are starting to come into New Zealand .But Im concerned at the construction of them and reading here about the problems people are encountering .I would love to know what modifications need to be made in order to make this little plane a good trainer , one thing I would like to know is how to add a steerable nose wheel and Im looking at adding flaps to this model as well .Can anyone please tell me what Li Pos to run it as well I dont want to waste my time with Nicd's or Nimh. thanks all I look forward to reading more about this plane .

Cheers
Andrew W { aka Very-short }
Wellington, New Zealand
Old 01-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Duffle

I just checked the parkflyers website and they now now sell extra parts. all i seen was the fuselodge, ESC, and battery, no xtra wings.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:37 PM
MattUpson

HI all,

Problems

First flight with plane today, well not flight, more taxing. Went to a local park and tried it there, few problems;

-Not level ground and winds, plane tipped over.
-Ground too bumpy, plane didnt move foward, just tipped fowards.

Then went to local football pitch, seemed better, still no good;

-Ground still not smooth enough for plane.

Then tried it on car park;

-Increased throttle, prop fell off!
-Did not run straight, constantly going left.
-Prop came off again, looked at motor and that was offset to the left.

Over all no flight, but a few insights to some problems. I fixed all of them by;

-Tightning screws on right of motor mount, moving the motor into centre.
-Adjusted wheels so it now runs straight.
-Tightend prop onto motor more.

Conclusion

Reasonabley level ground needed if take off is what you want, if not hand launch would be easier. Make sure everything is straight, true, and adjusted correctly before flying.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-05-2005, 08:50 PM
grove4

wher in the uk is the shop and what is it caled
thanks
ronnie
Old 01-06-2005, 11:32 AM
MattUpson

[link=http://www.storacingproducts.com]STO Racing Products[/link]
Old 01-07-2005, 08:42 AM
MattUpson

Does anyone one know where to get the steerable nose wheel from? I don't mind orderng form over seas either.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-08-2005, 01:57 AM
TZoidpro

Well, Got my plane in on Thursday....She looked good but thought I should take it to the LHS to see what needed to be upgraded. I spent more in the shop than I did on the plane. I upgraded to a six channel radio and put individual servos on the wing to control the ailerons. Now I have flap control for landings. I also modified the wings and attached the flaps with hinges instead of the tape. After mounting the servos on the wings there is no play in the ailerons at all. All this work took about five hours to redo the electronics and fix the wings. Haven't flown it yet but did some taxing today. All said in done.....I have spent 500 dollars on the plane and have'nt even got it off the ground.

Zoid
Old 01-09-2005, 08:16 PM
TZoidpro

[&o][][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 01-11-2005, 05:03 AM
very-short

Hi All ,
Well My Cessna arrived today and I promptly set about pulling it apart ...hahaha want to make a few mods to it ,
the first being can someone please tell me how to add a steerable nose wheel to this plane and what hardware to use please ? second where should this tail fin CF rod be placed eg close to the leading or trailing edge ? any other tips would be great .

Cheers
VS
Old 01-17-2005, 03:15 AM
chudd

http://rc-expert.com/product.php?pid=78
i'm suprised noone has seen this.
is this what everyones talking about or are you talking about the white 3ch version

what do you think of this plane, might be buying soon

thanks
chudd
Old 01-18-2005, 02:15 AM
very-short

Hey DrDoom,
Did you use a Du-bro 1/2A steerable nose wheel kit for your nose wheel ? and finally where should the CF rod go ? I have installed flaps on mine { more Scale appearance now } in the pics below you get an idea of how I did it .

I used a hitec HS 55 Servo and made up some parts to make it happen .

as you can see I had to cut away some of the fuse to accomodate the flap servo , the wing has to be installed with the flaps deployed { to make way for the push rod}

Enjoy the pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40497.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	216873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35998.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	216874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rx60193.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	216875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fy72268.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	216876  
Old 01-30-2005, 08:39 PM
coolboarder
My Feedback: (9)

Howdy, Out of the box my ailerons (from parkflyers) the ailerons were taped terribly, but instead of hinges i just placed them where i wanted and peeled each edge with a butterknife and super glued back down. I think these adjustment are crucial for slower flying, but i am no expert
The plane taxied well but would not get off the ground with full power (and up elevator) because the engine was angled down a hair in the housing and broke a prop. Then i adjusted the elevator above the neutral position to get off the ground. I am certain something is wrong with my motor.

I hand launched the darn thing and flew fairly smooth. It is easy to fly with rudder or ailerons, but under 50 percent throttle the plane immediately stalled in either direction. At landing speeds it was not very smooth side to side at all.

I wrecked the landing gear, thats it.

I got a 11.1 v 1380 lip0 from thunder power batteries and it fits like a glove with plenty of power (awesome battery).

I still think my engine is SLOWER THAN MY AEROBIRD CHALLENGER.

The carbon fiber piece on the rudder worked excellent, I spent an hour sanding the outer surface for better aerodynamics.

On the topic of ordering,,,,, Parkflyers is overwhelmed with orders i'm sure because i order the simulator and wheels and props and my first order was 8 days ago and they never even charged my account yet.

RED ROCKET HOBBIES HAS THE SAME PARTS, for 2 dollars more shipping
Old 01-30-2005, 09:22 PM
very-short

Hi Coolboarder ,
an interesting encounter you have had with the cessna , I have added flaps to mine { see posting above } and think it might fix a few of the problems you have had .I's 3/4 of the way through my nose wheel mod am having to replace the rudder servo with a new one as I dont have any control horns to fit the current size servo { reason being ... the servo horn has had two side removed by the factory } I hope to have this thing in the air in the next couple of weeks .

Cheers
Andrew AKA Very-short
Old 02-15-2005, 11:19 PM
coolboarder

anybody flying? -repairing or making mods?

The flaps look way to complicated for me, however I installed a brushless 370(direct) and eflite-esc. Mainly because the original esc has a cut off around 5 volts( 3s1p could, in theory, drain battery till i crash and ruin battery). I took all the tape i had on the leading edges and even some decals off for less weight. Now this thing rips. I did move the receiver and esc as far foreward as they would go. I also keep the micro-adjustment (on the throttle) all the way down untill I find out more about prop size( currently a very stiff 7/3).

This might sound silly, but that rudder was the hardest thing to keep strong and strait. I wound up tacking the thinnest piece of cat gut fishing line across the tail(with the rudder in the middle).

My elevator and rudder are both still at lowest settings.

Blue Skies!
Old 02-16-2005, 03:46 AM
very-short

Hi All,
The flaps mod is pretty straight forward to do and you will notice a huge difference in performance , I have changed the ESC as I think it was causing Interferance with my RX, I have put a Kyosho 210 sky victory in { yeah I know a major overkill but I am just trying to see if this is the problem} will keep you all posted .

Cheers
V-S
Old 02-18-2005, 04:38 PM
marriner294

hey,

I have TRIED to fly my plane at least 5-6 times, in that time i have got the plane off the ground many times. I have had about 4 crashes ( 1 in a tree, 2 with the wing snapping in half and 2 when the wing was ripped straight off) but the plane still survived!. I KNOW this plane can fly ime just new to the hobby and this is my first plane. If You are starting off with this planei wud suggest letting it get to a decent hight before turning it. Also if u can't find a flying field with any tarmac to take off from ( i was trying to take off in a very small field) just get sum1 to hand launch the plane. I have tried this with a broken wing and the plane flew better than any of the other flights i have had with this plane.

All this said, this is my first plane so all of this could be entirly wrong, but it is what i have found works best for me!

Since i have made alot of repairs, the best way to repair it ( i find) is 2 glue the wing in place and then staple it in place ( using a normal stapler), if the wing is still abit floppy, i just pinned it in place using some thin wire.

Thanx

Marriner294
Old 02-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Schteeva

Hey DrDoom! Nice job on your 182, it looks really good. So I'm sure you've been asked a hundred times already about the shiny little STEERABLE NOSEWHEEL on your cessna. Here we go again... wow! that's what I want! Who makes it and where did you grab it? Two of my friends along with myself have purchased 182's as our first planes and we are really enjoying them. I crashed on my first day out, and I am almost ready to go with my new fuselage and 4-ch wing. All three of us would love to obtain a steerable nosewheel to make taxiing easier when we practice our takeoffs and landings. I have painted mine in the blue version of the 2004 Cessna 182T. It turned out alright and I hope to post some pictures soon. Anyway, thanks for the help you have been giving us all.

-Schteeva
Abbotsford, British Columbia
Old 02-28-2005, 04:21 PM
drdoom

ORIGINAL: Schteeva

Hey DrDoom! Nice job on your 182, it looks really good. So I'm sure you've been asked a hundred times already about the shiny little STEERABLE NOSEWHEEL on your cessna. Here we go again... wow! that's what I want! Who makes it and where did you grab it? Two of my friends along with myself have purchased 182's as our first planes and we are really enjoying them. I crashed on my first day out, and I am almost ready to go with my new fuselage and 4-ch wing. All three of us would love to obtain a steerable nosewheel to make taxiing easier when we practice our takeoffs and landings. I have painted mine in the blue version of the 2004 Cessna 182T. It turned out alright and I hope to post some pictures soon. Anyway, thanks for the help you have been giving us all.

-Schteeva
Abbotsford, British Columbia
I made the steerable wheel out of piano wire,
Post some Pix guys.
With the flying season just around the corner, hope we will all be out flying.
Dennis
Old 02-28-2005, 08:04 PM
rkh32

First flight ended in breaking both wings off. No problem to glue back on using quality waterproof PVA wood glue.

I had someone who knows what they are doing fly is after the repair. It was VERY sensitive and unstable in flight, requiring only the smallest inputs to the stick to make it turn. He needed continual corrections to keep it level. The landing was very fast had he missed the tarmac runway altogether, ending with the front wheel bent slightly. This explains why the first flight ended in disaster.

The advice was to reduce all surface sensitivities to a minimum (use hole closest to servo and furthest away from control surface for all control linkages). Also, I have added about 7 degrees of dihedral to the wings to help stability, although I think more could have helped. This was done by carefully cutting the wings off, cambering the ends, and gluing back on using same glue as above.

I'll get my friend to fly again before I try it and let you have some pictures.

Rob...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.