Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Zagi 400 X

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 07:59 PM
carl crisp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zagi 400 X

Just ordered Astroflight 020 Brushless Zagi 400 X conversion from Astroflight. I have a 2100 mah 3 cell 11.1V LIPO for fuel, anyone have this set up? What can I expect as for as performance from this set up. Think it will put a smile on my face.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Ritewing
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Zagi 400 X

A smokin hot battery is what you will get.You would be better off with two of the 2100 in paralel.Besides you will need the weight to ballance it.Doo it with battery instead of dead weight.You are pushin that battery a bit is what i mean.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:56 AM
sodflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Well...I can say I have this setup. My wife gave me the astro 20 along with the esc for X-mas and after buying a brushless setup before I knew she was getting me one.... hum well I bought the R-cer warp-4 3 turn brushless and the 35 amp CC esc I was using up until yesterday. I got a chance to install the Astro system and I have to say I like it! it's not as fast as my other motor but it climbs out nicely and still has descent speed....not even close to the stock setup if that was what you were using. The only thing I don't like about this setup is that the ESC has no adjustments ( she bought it from stroflight directly) So I can not set the cut-off voltage for the lipos....I did not experance any hot batterys yesterday...they were cooler than my three turn setup but in all fairness it was cold out side and the Zagi I bet was pushing 60+ mph....I don't fly all out all the time either if I did with this battery I am sure I will be letting the smoke out of something you will be happy with the motor and battery combo! just time your flights so you don't drop the voltage too much on that pack! Jeff.

Reading it again the manual says the ESC has a automatic cut off voltage for lipos....but it does not say where though. It does list a 10 cell rating for nicads so this 3 cell lipo's should be ok?

Also I have had no balance issues with the battery...I trim for glide and it does take a while for it to get back down after a full throttle climbout
Old 01-06-2005, 09:51 AM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

hey sodflyer, try upgrading to a 5.5x5.4 APC prop, you will be very impressed with its performance over the 5x5. Or for more thrust(alot more) grab a APC 6X4 prop, you'll need to back down to a 2cell lipo or 8cell pack in order to stay within the 25 amp rating though. According to Astroflight's specs on the astro 020, it should pull 21 amps static with a 6x4 APC on there Happy flying!