Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

GWS TM400 first noobie good flight

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

GWS TM400 first noobie good flight

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 02:22 AM
clovus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS TM400 first noobie good flight

Hey Guys,

I just fixed my TM400 after a major crash on the maiden flight (not even 30 seconds in) and have to say what a great plane. I learnt on a 2 channel pod & boom thingo and this is my first aileron plane, so was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to fly it - esp. after the first disaster. I got a 3 cell lipo-like the review- and it goes like a charm, with 15 minutes of flying, 1 roll and a few loops it was still going strong. The large wingspan makes orientation easy and it glides in pretty slowly for nice landings. Even gave the wings a wiggle as I floated by for the wifey's benefit (ha ha)!

The best thing of all, I read heaps of reviews about different planes and how they fly straight without adjustments, being my first plane I've made if I take my hands off the sticks it just keeps on going in that direction. So easy. I can really recommend it to someone as their next plane after the learner. Stoked!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:03 AM
gonracn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS TM400 first noobie good flight

I have to agree with the posts about the TM400... Although not a newby I am very impressed with this plane. I had the day off from work today- 3mph winds and about 35 degrees...call it spring fever but I was at the park for 3.5 hrs today! 2nd time I got to fly it (really the first time). #1 thing to learn about GWS, although I love the planes never trust their suggestions for batteries. I tried to fly it on the 9.6v 730 Nimh and just had no power ( tested their batteries with my Triton and found they would only hold 476mah. Anyone that really loves to fly should just get a li-poly pack and ENJOY 35 MIN FLIGHT TIMES! Also my first experience with Li-poly today. 35 min flight times? Holy crap! I never imagined that was possible. A great plane to just relax and put around with or open up and do rolls, loops, and anything else you could imagine on high rates! Any way I have a new favorite plane to keep in the trunk to fly anywhere, anytime.