Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

How do I mount a Hacker 22L Outrunner on a Tribute?

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

How do I mount a Hacker 22L Outrunner on a Tribute?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Jerseymac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I mount a Hacker 22L Outrunner on a Tribute?

Just bought a Hacker A20-22L Outrunner but I don't see any easy way to mount in on my Eflight Tribute. Has anyone else put an outrunner on their Tribute?
I am new at electrics and still having severe growing pains.
I have ruined one brushless motor by "tapping" my pinion gear too hard while trying to get it on the shaft.
Ruined a Thunder Power battery by letting the leads touch while I was getting ready to solder on the Deans connector.
Think I am starting to develop a bad case of paranoia!
Now, I can't even put a high-tech motor on this plane.
So, after investing one jillion dollars, I still haven't flown an electric.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lynn
Old 02-11-2005, 04:12 PM
BadSplice
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: How do I mount a Hacker 22L Outrunner on a Tribute?

well, someone out there makes a stick mount for the axi motor...... but as an alternative, why not cut out a round piece of thin ply, big enough for a mount. make a notch in top and bottom to fit on foam in engine cutout. then make some 45* wedges out of more ply or foam, to brace the plate on each side. now you have a nice strong plate to mount your motor to.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:20 PM
WhtBronco

I'm with ya lmaccarty. I have over $600 in my Eflite Ultimate, but now it is finally flying great. This was my first electric with li-pos and brushless. I have almost 19 hours time on my Ultimate, mostly in the last 6 weeks. What bugs me is this little plane cost me more than my 40 size planes, oh well it's fun.

I went with a HiMax outrunner motor since it came with 3 different mounting options and the hardware to mount them with. The stick mount is even on the motor when you open the box.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:54 PM
hov-r-nut
My Feedback: (5)

I make a mount for the AXI line of outrunners, see this link for pictures http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/moun...2699407/tm.htm

If you can tell me what the bolt patern is on the Hacker, it might fit, or I can modify one for you.

Let me know if you are interested.

Tony