Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

New found fun in RC flying!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 11:12 AM
RickAvery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New found fun in RC flying!

Well, I got bored not being able to fly with the gusty winds here, so I decided if you can’t beat the wind, then join it! I took my e-slayer 48” brushless wing, took out the motor and mount, put in a small 7cell NiMh battery and went out to my landing strip which happens to be along the top of a hill. The wind blows up the canyon and right into the hill sideways to the runway. Should be some updraft here so I threw her into the wind and holy-Mcgollie!! She slope soars!!! I’ve never done this before, only heard of it. I was getting mostly 3 to 5 min flights, but man was it fun trying to find the up draft and keep her in the air. As I was soaring, or trying to, a couple of hawks came over and I watched them, truly the masters of the sky, as they searched for up drafts. They found some so I scooted over to where they had been and wow, up she went. This hobby has so many aspects to it and so many new things to try. I am having a ball!!! Guess I’ll have to get a wing warrior 60” sloper. The wife’s going to love it when I break that news to her, LOL!!!! Happy flying!!
Rick
Old 02-11-2005, 11:16 AM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

Default RE: New found fun in RC flying!

Awesome Rick, a 60" would definetly float better. Wonder if Zagi will make their 60" into a sloper.... hmm....

-Steven
Old 02-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good job, Rick!

I have also dicovered that wind, snow, and even rain can't stop us when we're in the right frame of mind.

Happy flying!
Old 02-11-2005, 05:15 PM
WhtBronco

Slope is fun. Just don't go too far behind the ridge or you'll be slammed down by the down draft. Not many areas where I live to fly slope so it's power for me these days. I will always love gliders though they can be peaceful or exciting to fly it's your choice.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:53 PM
RickAvery

Chris,
I was plesantly suprised at how much fun it was and how much of a challange it was to keep it in the air. I'm also making all the rookie mistakes as she got behind me a couple of times. Neat hobby!!
Rick
Old 02-12-2005, 09:33 PM
theHarpmanDan

hello,
If you like large slope wings check out www.windrider.com.hk ! they have one that looks very nice.

theharpmandan

"fly as fast as ya can"