Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

FREE "Foamie" PLANS ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 11:26 PM
geoffbeneze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FREE "Foamie" PLANS ...

ORIGINAL: gpw

Gentlemen , I just stopped by to tell you about the free plans pages at www.FoamFly.com I've got a collection of my humble designs at www.FoamFly.com/gallery/Glen... for your entertainment and amusement ...Lots of simple FFF Fun planes and an album about BENDFOAM airfoil maker....Please enjoy !!!
I wanted to give my ringing endorsement of your plans. I DL'ed the plans for the Frog and my son and I have happily been building it and will fly middle of this week (got waylaid by a hospital stay). Tonight I dl'ed the wing jig and mini-wing plans. Have printed out and am happily cutting parts to begin construction tomorrow.

Good plans, good setup for print out. Very pleasing overall!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:19 AM
gpw

Geoff, allthough appreciated , I think your grattitude is somewhat misdirected here.... The designer of the FROG and the owner of the site is HIPPO (Dan),and his planes are most excellent ....The Frog being one of the best trainers , I've ever seen....
Old 02-28-2005, 08:55 PM
gpw

Guys, I'm working on a redo of an old favorite .... it will be the Stealth Sport 2... the updated version...if anyone is interested in the build , just let me know and I'll cover the process(it only has 4 pieces )and take some pics... CU
Old 02-28-2005, 09:17 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

OK Does the "Borg Cube" fly or not?[sm=punching.gif] D'oh!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:54 AM
gpw

The Borg Cube was an Ips powered (I suspect a CD motor would be better now), pendelum controlled by a series of sliding levers and weights on the inside.... Only Thatovalguy has been able to get it to fly as of yet... tricky design , not for beginners...
Old 03-01-2005, 04:21 PM
GWR

Klatoo Berada Nikkto
Old 03-03-2005, 09:08 AM
gpw

Well, we got "Lost in Space " there ???hahahahaha, Seriously , anybody interested in the STEALTH SPORT BUILD ...Its one of the most FUN planes I've designed yet and it's only TWO basic pieces...
Old 03-03-2005, 07:29 PM
GWR

That's not Lost in Space; it's from The Day the Earth Stood Still. Get 'em Gort! I'm gonna be trying one of those weird looking bipes for sure.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 03-04-2005, 10:11 AM
layback2
My Feedback: (12)

Hi gpw great foamie plans i would like to know something say i wanted to build one and didnt want to use the light weight micro servos/use standard how much bigger would i have to make one to handle say twin 370 motors and servos and landing gear have you tryed that idea just mite be one bad dude lol/or maybe a duc fan speed 400 motor would intersting to know thanks
Old 03-05-2005, 11:46 AM
gpw

Layback.... about 1.5 x the size should do it , just increase the thickness accordingly ... Good Luck , let us know how it works ... which one were you considering , because the bigger planes (big Pete , Taube ,etc.) can carry the xtra weight , no problamo!!!!!

I tried posting pics , but the forum won't accept my Mac .jpegs ....????? Bummer !!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 01:37 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gpw

I tried posting pics , but the forum won't accept my Mac .jpegs ....????? Bummer !!!!

Yes you can workaround this by posting them using IE or firefox. safari has an upload bug we are working on and hopefully will figure out soon. it is the ONLY browser with this issue for some reason. I've tested and duplicated here on my safari. the developer is working on code to find out why safari doesn't play well w/image upload.

if you have IE use that and it will work or d/l firefox www.firefox.com
Old 03-05-2005, 02:05 PM
layback2

Hey gpw how about the p38 large will it take the weight if so 1.5 allso and have looked at the blue foam it said it came in 2mm 4mm 6mm witch one should i use or should it be larger then 6 mm thanks.oh yes it is a bummer about mac tools
Old 03-05-2005, 05:45 PM
boberos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi gpw,

I was wondering if there is a plan available for the "Fanfold Firebat".
I can see the pics at your website but no plans.
I have an old Bill Winter designed delta canard 'Ascender' & it is a most wonderous flier.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 03-08-2005, 08:20 AM
gpw

Lay, the big P-38 flew with two ips motors and a 2c lipo ...it was very light and very slow ,which was OK, but a little more weight and power wouldn't hurt this one any ....2-3 oz or so ... easy too !!!
Bob , I never did a plan for the Cheepobat (haha) cause it was ripoff of the original Firebat ...and I didn't want to anger the original designer , foreign relations are bad enough ....I can provide some basic measurements if you're interested....it's real easy and flew circles around the original ...hahahahaha
Old 03-08-2005, 08:28 AM
gpw

Bob....That Ascender sounds like it would make a cool Foamie , still got the plans ???
Old 03-09-2005, 09:08 AM
gpw

Guys , the new fuse template for the Stealth Sport redo is now in the folder of the same name at www.FoamFly.com/gallery/Glen It has worked out to be a SUPER flying , looking , and gliding plane (thermals)... and it costs' less than a dollar ... and I'd be willing to discuss the assembly of the TWO pieces , if there's any interest ...
Old 03-10-2005, 09:04 AM
gpw

And while you're in the Photo Gallery at Hippo's , scroll down to the bottom and check out the UNIVERSAL FUSELAGE section .... we came up with a simple fuselage shape that makes easily into all sort of planes .... my next one is going to be a WW1 Albatross bipe ... (justlike der' Barons) with a Uf and foamie wings .... plans for the Alb and the UF (kits available ) are at the site also ... and Free , of course.... on the multiple page folders , just print out the pages on 8.5"x11" index card stock for easy templates .... More Fun !!! Summer's coming , can't snow forever...?
Old 03-12-2005, 08:26 AM
gpw

Hs anyone seen the 'BLUE ALBACORDE" yet?...latest design ,Fun and Fast !!!! You know where to find the free plans...
Old 03-18-2005, 08:37 AM
gpw

Want a really smooth 3D plane , check out the "and Wattnot " at the usual place .... Really gracefull 34"/brushless

any requests ???
Old 03-23-2005, 11:30 PM
ewo

The pendulams were tricky But doable
The anti gravity cubes threw me off for just a bit

But now i have the best flying borg cube in town

ewo
Old 03-27-2005, 08:45 AM
gpw

Guys .... while EWO's here , let me say that he made /designed one of the most FUN planes , I've ever built/flown .... the F-15.... he's got free plans out there somewhere ... I've built so many for myself and friends , I lost count .... pusher or tractor ... FUN Plane!!!!!!!! You gotta' check it out ...
Old 03-27-2005, 11:38 PM
layback2

OH gpw was looking again at your planes love that ufx man it rocks so when and were can i find it on the shelf at foam fly lol lol sure would look great at our field meet next month what do you say
Old 03-28-2005, 03:52 PM
GWR

GPW, My VTO is almost finished. The plans don't mention control throws. [sm=punching.gif]Where to start?[sm=confused.gif] Also, being a "flying wing" type plane, does it need any reflex?[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]Thanx, GWR
Attached Images  
Old 03-28-2005, 09:25 PM
layback2

GWR i got to see that bad boy have been looking at it for a week now and decideing weither to order it or not have a few things to find out first like if my 9 gram servos will work and my 15 speed controll is big enoght and a 370 motor then i will know looks like a fun plane
what you going to use for a motor and gear a need to know lol
Old 03-29-2005, 08:48 AM
GWR

I'll be using Blue Bird BMS-380 servos; not the smallest but will work good. I'm also using a GWS RXC 7.2volt, IPS-Twin motor geared 5.9:1 swinging an 11x4.7 prop. What do you mean "order it." The plans are free!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29225.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	251046  
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.