Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

FREE "Foamie" PLANS ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 03:40 PM
layback2
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FREE "Foamie" PLANS ...

GWR i sent you a email explaining thanks for the info
Old 03-29-2005, 05:22 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Layback, I think I deleted your e mail. I don't like opening mail from strange addresses. Please send it again using the PM icon. Thanks, GWR. In the meantime, check out my feet. D'oh!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49596.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	251187  
Old 03-31-2005, 08:28 AM
gpw

Hi Guys , sorry it took so long getting back ... been busy coming UP with new planes for you to build ....R&D
GWR, Looks GREAT!!!! GOOD LUCK !!!! I've been using 45degree (lots) of control throw for super aerobatics .... Scares my friends , they won't fly it .... but you get used to it quickly ...."breathe" on the sticks ....hahahahahaa Dual Rates helps immensely with about half the throws for the less experienced ..... Vtol's are FUN , V/landings take some practice ....
Lay2... UFX kit ??? The UF is a kit , then all you need is a wing and tail , and now we've built them flat winged like a 3D .... cool , easy . flies like 3d plane ...
Old 03-31-2005, 03:08 PM
genebond

Man, I didn't realize gpw had made it over here... This place may get more interesting, yet

I suppose one of these days I should update my library over at Foamfly.com... Just been lazy I suppose. It's so easy just to upload the files to the thread "over there' and forget about the rest of the world... Heck I haven't even updated my own web page in a while!

Good to see you here, gpw (and the rest of you regulars)
Old 04-01-2005, 08:13 AM
gpw

Gene , lots of questions to be answered here .... and as we have realized in the past , the others are sometimes there , sometimes not .....my words are like manure , gotta' spread em' around ....hahahahaha
Guys GeneBond has an extensive collection of wonderful Blu Flyers that he generously offers the plans free also ....check it out .....FUN STUFF !!!!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 09:12 AM
gpw

Gee!! I sure wish I could post pics here , there's so many planes to show you guys , but this system will not accept my .jpegs (Mac Guy )and that's all I seem to be able to generate ....schmaybe' GeneBond can figure it out ?????
you guys need to build the UP .... simplest plane ever to build(especially the new version) .... fun to fly .....
Old 04-02-2005, 09:28 PM
GWR

GPW, which looks good, my plane or my feet? D'oh
Old 04-02-2005, 10:36 PM
genebond

ORIGINAL: gpw

Gee!! I sure wish I could post pics here , there's so many planes to show you guys , but this system will not accept my .jpegs (Mac Guy )and that's all I seem to be able to generate ....schmaybe' GeneBond can figure it out ?????
you guys need to build the UP .... simplest plane ever to build(especially the new version) .... fun to fly .....
Hmmmm... I don't know that I've tried... Lemme give it a shot here

Name:	Qv53748.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	253138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80810.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	253139  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Yv66246.pdf (27.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf
Id95292.pdf (21.8 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-05-2005, 07:25 AM
gpw

Genebond .... How'd you do that ????? I tried for hours ....wouldn't accept Mac .jpegs ???? Mac that's why !!!... Thanks for the plans!!!!!!!! .... these guys are gonna ' love em !!!! They FLY GREAT!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 01:38 PM
layback2

oops i didnt mean to change the subject gpw
gpw i seam to have a problem in the sticks were i live I CANT GET FOAM ANYWERE i just got 3 motors and nothing to put them on i have a bunch of your plane copyed and printed on card stock and have looked and called ever were and nope no were iam stuck
even the ones that had the fan fold woint ship it grrrrrrrgrrrrrrgrrrrrr maybe i need to make them out of paper lollollol seen a place on the web were i can order a sheet 19x 40 for a out ragest price 22 bucks ooch what do you think oh one more thing i just got 3 motors was wondering what to fit these on in case i happend to just find some here are the motors

300 brushed motor (Graupner)
Acrodrive 4:1 gear drive with low time Acro 280bb motor
MP 5/1 gear drive with low time Speed 300 (Graupner)
Old 04-06-2005, 05:23 AM
genebond

lb: Worst case, go to WalMart, and get some foamcore poster board. Like $3 a sheet, and the paper can be soaked off in water. It's solter than FF or Depron, but useable with some tape to firm it up. Check siding contractors, too. They may sell a bundle of FanFold... Don't give up! Check with Lowes to find it within 100 miles or so... Take a trip! Just keep trying... it's out there.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:22 AM
gpw

LB... Gene's right , don't give up the search ....worser' case(ha) one of us could ship you some foam , but shipping is expensive .... especially for foam ...light ,but bulky ??? You're not in the third world , it's gotta' be close by , somewhere !!!!! Let us know if you get desperate ....

Gene , the gallery at Foamfly becomes the logical place to post plans for me now as other places do not accept pics ...and Dan is so nice !!!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:53 PM
layback2

Thanks Gpw will keep you in mind all most that bad now still looking and asking in other states close by now waiting on there emails and calls thanks
Old 04-07-2005, 08:09 PM
layback2

ORIGINAL: layback2

Thanks Gpw will keep you in mind all most that bad now still looking and asking in other states close by now waiting on there emails and calls thanks found this in a pile of junk its made from foam you know iam waiting for foam what to do what to do lalalalalal

Name:	Zx71457.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	255461  
Old 04-10-2005, 02:11 AM
layback2

I was messind around in a whal mart store today in the craft section and see something just mite dress up them foamie wings its call vallum its a very thin plastic 8.5x11 comes in many colors flags so on so on and cheep 10 peices for 1.97 now that cheep and looks cool real smooth finish will pick up some and post a pic and show what it looks like
Old 04-12-2005, 09:14 AM
gpw

Would surely be interested in seeing your decorative pics .... their craft dept , has lots of good modeling stuff ....Hot-glue , acrylic paint , dowells , craft(popcicle) sticks , modeling clay (noseweight ), googly eyes ...Fun stuff!!! CU
Old 04-12-2005, 10:09 AM
GWR

Wally Worlds' crafts dept is small compared to Rag Shop, AC Moore, Micheals, ect. These places have everything, even hot wire foam cutters.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:23 AM
layback2

WOW GWR hot foam cutters too man i wish there was anywere near me i am going to research that for sure seen on a site were you could build one for a little as 300 bucks lollol yea right 300 not me i want a factory made one hehehe transformers can shock ya lol buzzzzzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzz found that out in school thanks for the great info
Old 04-12-2005, 04:50 PM
GWR

The foam cutters these stores sell are small, hand held units; not much bigger than a flashlight. You couldn't cut a wing with it. I use it to cut blue fan fold.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:08 PM
beldraak

I tried out the unifuse plans and I have to say that it has great potential for experimenting! I've been getting tired of flat foam fuses, where you just have to "let it all hang out"!
I went with a bipe for my first go with the fuse, it flew, but not great. I think I may have the angle of incedence wrong on the wings. I bent an airfoil in them and i think that may have confused me as far as getting the correct angle of attack. I still need a few more flights on it to see if it's still a success.
Anyway cudos to the maker of the unifuse!

Old 04-15-2005, 07:22 AM
gpw

Beld ... Thanks ,Dude , the Universal Fuselage was drawn to make a fuselage that could be assembled easily , built cheaply , be a strong box for the eqpt ., and be versatile enough to be used in a number of different planes .... Glad you enjoy the fuse design , ya' need any help with the incidence thing , what's it doing ??????
Old 04-15-2005, 05:07 PM
layback2

WELL WELL WELL GPW i did get some foam wow had to drive 190 miles there and back today and found it in dallas texas in the middle of no were hehehe wife is all ready wineing about the mess lol told her time for fun hehehe maybe now i can get some plane build ce ya
Old 04-16-2005, 08:12 AM
layback2

gpw have you build the A12 avenger from foamy i was reading the full list of pages last night all 28 of them and there was some thing missing that confuse me one was the electric ecs receiver when and how to add them wires for motor when to add the rudder fins who made that foamie plane what if you need to use a Y harness were to place it things of importance like that.any ideas thanks
Old 04-18-2005, 05:41 AM
gpw

Layback 2... Glad ya' found some foam , tell the wife it's 20 times less than Balsa (probably more )....Avenger ??? I don't think so ...I guess I just didn't understand your questions , lets take it one at a time(I'm old )...What pages ???
Old 04-18-2005, 07:21 AM
layback2

OK first its a all blue foam buildable plane the plane and plans are at foamfly.com photo gallery Share your photos here! page under a12 avenger
the owner skips the process somewhat [&o][&:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.