Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Parkzone Typhoon 3D ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:46 PM
keithn4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Typhoon 3D ?

HEY GUYS,
Just joined the typhoon club, got one in the post today plus a dx6i.

iv a question about a servo.
ive connected the radio equipment up and all is well except that the rudder servo is not working, everthing else is working fine.
ive tried to plug the rudder servo into the elev slot, this made the servo move on its own while all the others where fine.

any one any ideas?
Old 04-25-2008, 07:59 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: keithn4

HEY GUYS,
Just joined the typhoon club, got one in the post today plus a dx6i.

iv a question about a servo.
ive connected the radio equipment up and all is well except that the rudder servo is not working, everthing else is working fine.
ive tried to plug the rudder servo into the elev slot, this made the servo move on its own while all the others where fine.

any one any ideas?
Plug the elevator servo to the rudder connection on the receiver and see if moving the rudder control moves the elevator. That would indicate receiver/transmitter are OK.

Make sure the plug to the rudder servo is not reversed. If it is, the servo will not work. If it is not reversed and the above test is OK, then there is something wrong with the servo.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Hobie

Well I finally got out for the second time with the TY and had just as much trouble as the first time . Our field still is in bad shape and not open from the flood so I went to the Davenport club which gave us an invite to fly at theirs till ours is open . Well I found out what many others have that the radio that came with the TY 2 is crap . It wasn't the wind that caused my problems my first time out it was the radio . There was only 7mph winds plus this time other pilots were there and they all said it wasn't me jerking the plane around . It acted exactly like it did the first time jerking this way and that with out any stick input . They also thought it was tail heavy . I never even checked the CG to see where it is . Wow ! I don't know what to do now . I ranged tested the ZX 10 and it seemed OK but not while flying . I already sent one TY back because of the radio not working at all so I imagine sending another one back and getting a radio that is good is a waste of time . I tried hooking up my Futaba 6EX TX and Rx to it but the elevator glitches and the throttle didn't work at all . At least my ego isn't as bruised as it was knowing it is the radio and not me . It is sooo disappointing to finally spend the money to take the plunge to brushless and lipos just to have the radio be sh#@ . My last electric 3 years ago was a Space Scooter which flew great with the included radio but I needed more excitement and went to glow . The last couple years I thought it would be nice to have a good more advanced electric for convenience of flying at more places than just the club . The money held me back till now but I thought the TY2 was good deal with the brusheless,lipo and charger . I guess I now have to get a spectrum radio for a couple hundred bucks like many others have just to be able to fly the TY 2 .
Old 05-09-2008, 05:00 PM
solar696

You already have a good computer radio futaba 6Ex. It is what I use with the original TY, it is coupled with a small GWS R4PII micro RX. no issues at all. My other plane has the same Rx.
If i am not mistaking they use digital servos with the new TY2. That may be an issue?
I would not buy an expensive radio just for that.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Hobie

Thanks solar 696 I will have to see if I can pick one up somewhere . I wonder why the Futaba receiver didn't work with it ? It is for glow planes other than being bigger is it different ? It has been stuck in a drawer quite awhile maybe it isn't any good . The ailerons and rudder worked fine but like I said the elevator kept twitching up and down and the throtle didn't work at all . I guess I could try another Futaba receiver out of a plane that I know works just to see if it works with the TY .
Old 05-15-2008, 01:36 PM
mrjerry42

I want to use the spektrum DX6i /AR6200 in my parkzone typhoon2 3D airplane. Can someone give me tips and program settings for the plane? Would like program settings that will be close to the stock parkzone transmitter settings that come with the plane. Include Hi and LO settings. This will be the first flight with the DX6i and not sure what the correct settings should be for a successful maiden flight. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:49 PM
outacontrol41
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got a Typhoon 2 today. I've not flown it yet and this is my first plane using lipo 3 cell batteries. My question is...do I really have to take the batteries out of the fuse everytime I recharge. According to the instructions, you have to take it out, put it in something that's heat retardant and sit there and watch it until the green light comes on. After which, you have to take it off charge or it will catch your vehicle on fire! It's set up for cigarette lighter outlet. no less, so you have to charge it in your vehicle. Any advice on this would be helpful.
By the way...this plane looks like it will be a lot of fun.[8D]
Old 05-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Hobie

ORIGINAL: outacontrol41

Just got a Typhoon 2 today. I've not flown it yet and this is my first plane using lipo 3 cell batteries. My question is...do I really have to take the batteries out of the fuse everytime I recharge. According to the instructions, you have to take it out, put it in something that's heat retardant and sit there and watch it until the green light comes on. After which, you have to take it off charge or it will catch your vehicle on fire! It's set up for cigarette lighter outlet. no less, so you have to charge it in your vehicle. Any advice on this would be helpful.
By the way...this plane looks like it will be a lot of fun.[8D]
I know that is dumb isn't it charging it inside your car . I got the adapter with the alligator clips and charge it in an old crockpot inside my hobby room with a 12V gel cell . Horizon Hobby has it for $3.99 item # HBZ6513 or radio shack has a more heavy duty one for $8 or $9 dollars . I am so dissapointed that I have not been able to have a decent flight with mine because of radio problems . I hope someone answers my questions . Could you look at your receiver and tell me is the wire on the servo leads next to the words orange or brown ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23674.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	950387  
Old 05-16-2008, 08:57 AM
iamman711

orange
Old 04-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Snoopyxupery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MUwUZnLMnQ
Old 04-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Hobie

Nice video Snoop . I am not sure why you posted it on the Typhoon thread that died out almost a year ago but I am glad you did . I read back through some of my posts and it reminded me of what crap that radio is that comes with the Typhoon . I wish I would have tried to to get money back for that radio . Instead I did what many others did and got the Spektrum 6Dxi radio . I flew the TY many times last season till at the end of the season I didn't notice an aileron control horn was broken . I crashed hard enough to destroy the fuselage . It cost me $50 in parts a couple of weeks ago to get it ready to fly again . I can't wait till I get a calm enough day to start flying my TY again . I will follow the #1 rule this year and make sure all control surfaces are working properly before every flight .
Old 04-11-2009, 08:30 AM
outacontrol41
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Typhoon is still around today....never had much problem with the radio, though. My problem is with the gear/gear housing in the nose. The gearwheel strips (loses grip) from the motor shaft with even the slightest ground strike with the prop. Seems almost impossible to get that wheel glued back. keeps breaking again when I do. Frustrating. Back to the hobby shop for another gear wheel![:@][:'(]