Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

E-Flight Ultimate FX foam bipe!

Old 12-06-2005, 07:17 AM
carstoreguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flight Ultimate FX foam bipe!

Is anyone flying the E-Flight ultimate? This plane is awesome looking for a foamy and I cant find anyone who flies it! I've been flying it for a few weeks now and am soooo impressed with it!
Any one have one?
Old 12-12-2005, 04:50 PM
push rodz
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: E-Flight Ultimate FX foam bipe!

I've been looking at it but that's about it. Tell us about your experience with it.......like your set up......how it flies........the good, bad and the ugly. I'm curious to hear about this plane.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Strankon

I picked one up about 2 weeks ago, still waiting for my receiver to come in. I'm going with the recommended high power set-up ie... park 400 outrunner, 1320 lipo,ect, went with hitech 55's for servos.
I had a problem with the horizontal stab lining up parallel with the main wing, had to do quite a bit of sanding and then held it in place while the glue dried. I also had a problem the micro pushrod keepers not wanting to fit over the little wooden aileron horns, ended up cutting off the part of the keeper that attaches to the pushrod, then used a dab of thick CA on the tip of the L bend to hold the rest of the keeper in place.
This is my first electric, so I'm really looking forward to to testing my skills with this little bird.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:30 AM
push rodz
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the input. That stinks about having to make the mods. That's part of the delima to buying ARF's.

Here's a little tip on horns - throw the little keepers away and use a Z bend in the wire to attach to the horn. Use a Dubro micro pushrod keeper at the servo arm. The 1/16" ply horns are too thick to work with the keepers generally, besides being "microscopic" for those of us with huge hands they are hard to work with. But it sounds as if you made things work which is what matters.

Good luck and let us know how things work out with the li'l bird and how she flies.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Bevo

It's a great flying airplane. I've seen it fly with the Himax 2812-1080 with a the new thunder power 1320 3 cell and they are great. It takes up off the ground in about 10 feet or so and the plane will fly slow and fast. Great plane to practice your 3D with. The propeller of choice was the APC 10x3.8 slow fly propeller.

Bevo
Old 12-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Strankon

Well I got my receiver today, installed it as soon as I got home, fired it up, checked my control surfaces and took it out side to see what it would do.
The plane flies great!.. spent the first few minutes getting a feel for the plane, then brought it in low to see how it handled 3d ...........low light.... didn't see the metal no parking sign.
The moral of this story...........DON'T MAIDEN YOUR FIRST ELECTRIC IN THE STREET IN FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE!
Old 12-18-2005, 08:39 PM
RodgerPM

I have an ultimate. First off sweet plane, I'm using an E-Flight 370 Brushless outrunner and JR servos. Had to use quite a bit of Expo on it.

Second a warning. This plane is a rocket compared to my Monoplane foamies. If you are new to 3D be warned it is extremely responsive with the large JR arms used. I have my Expo down to 40% and it still responds extremely fast. Enjoy, it really is a good plane.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:09 PM
babflyer
My Feedback: (2)

I am not at all impressed with mine. I have flown a e-flight yak and a homade foamy along with a few minutes at the sticks of some other electrics and after the first flight I think this is the worst flying of them all. I had contstruction issues also like the stab not lining up with the wings, vertical fin is warped some, couldn't get hardly any down throw in the elevators the way the one side was already hinged, rudder throw was only about 20 degrees to the right. I bought this plane so I could have a good looking foamy, after you have to work on things that are wrong the paint peels off and it looks like crap, atleast around the tail. Once I was done I was still feeling ok about how it looked but still disapointed from what I expected. The factory paint has so many blemishes in it its not even funny. I hate white but would have rather had an all white plane to do with what I wanted myself. I purchased a 20amp e-flight speed control and a e-flight park 400 4200kv inrunner motor. The sugested motor is a 4100kv 370 but when looking at weights as advertised on the box and knowing that my planes are always about 1.5-2oz. heavier I thought I would try this setup. Its more along the lines of whats suggested for the mini funtana or edge and I thought the motor had "room to grow" in the future possibly. This setup worked good for power but flight quality stunk. The tuck in knife edge was terrible, the plane hunts bad, you can even feel it hunting when holding the fuse and giving it some throtle. It will pull to the belly for a few seconds then to the top, dont know whats causing that. When trying to hover the plane I took it up a little high for a foamy to see what it would do for starters. It hovers ok but if you loose it to the top side watch out cause it will go into an inverted flat spin and is hard to get out. Atleast it holds up to a crash ok cause I did hit the deck one time with this stunt. Harrier rolls were not good, even with a high aileron rates for really fast regular rolls it gets locked up at certain points in a harrier roll and guess what its natural recovery is. THE INVERTED FLAT SPIN! I tried to make it a little more nose heavy and that may help. Not sure as the battery was at its end so I only got in about 30 seconds with the new CG. As far as the speed controler goes I wish I bought another pheonix 25. Its hard to say how to set this controler up. It says you can program voltage cutoff but then acts like its auto in other areas. Directions stink on this controller compared to the pheonix 25. Looks like 4 servos may be an issue with it also. I dont like the auto sensor for voltage cut off at all as I am used to my pheonix being programed and fly partial batteries often. I hope I didnt toast my battery with this feature or lack there of. I think the plane was tail heavy on the first flight most likely but even at that setting it didnt do parachutes or walls very well. loops weren't that tight. Basically the plane flys like crap from what I have flown of it. Hopefully cg changes can get it better but I doubt it. I dont see it ever being a fun plane to fly 3d with but hey, on the bright side its only foam and can experiment with it untill it dies and then put my electrics in a homade plane that actually flys well.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:27 PM
hallsj

Just maidened mine today. It does not perform like most profile 3-d's, but that does not mean its a bad flier. I was flying in 10mph winds and it handled them just fine. I actually really enjoyed it and found to be somewhere in between a 3-d foamy and a mini funtana or equivilent. Very stable flier with no real bad general flying qualities. Using a Himax 2025-4200, CC-25, 11.1v 1800mah, e-flite servo's. I think if it was made from balsa and actually had an airfoiled wing, it would be a super hot seller (hint-hint). Very attractive airframe with a great price, I'm just not a huge fan of foam. All in all, its a keeper.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Smokin Cap
My Feedback: (49)

Here is a video I shot yesterday

http://www.neptune.com/users/kenadam...dams410061.wmv
Old 12-31-2005, 10:09 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

Like the music selection
Old 02-15-2006, 09:38 PM
hinsonc

Hey RodgerPM,

How does the ultimate fly with the eflite park370? Is it underpowered for hovering? I am considering replacing my ultrafly furious with the ultimate, and would like to use the same motor. What prop?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Towers

Well, I am very interested In this bipe, but I am concerned about the motor set-up, I have a Rimfire 1000Kv, and a Li-Po 1.5 A and I am planning to use the E-Flite 20amp ESC i wonder if any of you guys, could tell me if the Rimfire is a good choice??and if this bipe coul hover with it....thanx...
Old 03-20-2006, 09:31 AM
cap232flyer15

I just bought this plane with a tp 1320 Mah batt and an ultrafly 25 amp speed controller. I have the ultrafly 1200 kv motor....is that gonna be a problem or am I set. Wasn't sure. I've been into foamies for 2 years now. I've had about 30 foamies I've built, about 15 kits (arfs) from virtually every dealer. Built up and flat. But it was all 9-12 oz foamies. So I decided to move up. Even with the planes blemishes...it's a winner for 65.00.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:27 PM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

Some hovering at the beach.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18655.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	430696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75743.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	430697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw56633.jpg
Views:	27