Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

CESSNA 182 ART TECH

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 01:27 PM
CrashTestDummy77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CESSNA 182 ART TECH

well i have Realflight g 4.5 to practice on and landings are my problem. The view perspective on the simulator just doesnt help me at all. I have been doing well with my cessna though. I may try the shangri-la mustang from bananahobby. It doesnt look bad for the price with all it includes.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:53 PM
olwarbirds
My Feedback: (3)

It flys good too...nice plane...but i still say try a different low wing first...id hate to see someone with ur passion for rc get discouraged cuz they crashed their new mustang ......take offs and flyn r easy...its those expected and unexpected landings that suck....one good way to teach/train to fly a warbird is practice powered up landings with ur cessna...meaning dont just land on a glide with no power have it coming in with at least half throttle....even after all these yrs of flying i still do nose overs often as u can see in the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sjow5J7i7o i didnt flair it enuff of course that was only the third time i had flown that one too DJ
Old 07-14-2009, 02:43 PM
CrashTestDummy77

ack..yaeh you came down pretty hard there. I know i need lots of practice first. Im just naturally a planner and i like to find what i want ahead of time
Old 07-14-2009, 05:13 PM
olwarbirds

No prob with that bud...i might be doing a review on that mustang from BH real soon pete from bh just pm'd me about doing a review for him LOL gotta love it wooohooo ....shud have new vids posted this evening im heading out flyn right now DJ
Old 07-15-2009, 01:01 AM
CrashTestDummy77

Why would pete want you to do a review for him? And since you have more test time with the foam planes, what would you recommend for a low wing starter plane? RTF since i dont have the good gear yet and dont feel like swapping electrics
Old 07-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Willit Run 353

well you are right.

my mustang has got a bit boring, all I do now is fly inverted and fly really high so i can glide down. it needs more power!

that means I need a new foamy but I don't know what to get. the Parkzone corsair looks nice
Old 07-15-2009, 05:45 AM
olwarbirds

Crashtest....the t-34 mentor is a really nice military low wing thats capable of alot of things other than being a good low wing trainer the t-28 trojan http://www.newcreations-rc.com/Produ...number=PKZ4475 like that one is a good way to go it also comes in a rtf ... but my other suggestion is eventually get a good radio like the spektrum dx6i etc that is 2.4ghz and capable of storing numerous planes in its memory so then u can buy planes without radio gear and use better stuff than what comes in the rtf planes and also it will allow ya to do upgrades like retracts, flaps etc..the tb20 that comes in a rtf or pnp is another decent low wing plane if u dont want a military style...i guess the answer to ur other question is cuz i do honest non hyped no bs reviews is why

Willit...nothing wrong with the parkzone corsair, but in comparison to this one http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8872143/tm.htm its kinda docile, and that one is a good bit cheaper than the pz corsair in a rtf setup and the parkflyers corsair dont need to be upgraded and it looks and flies very scale, only thing i did to mine was i put in a spektrum rcvr after i did the review cuz i just got to many dang radios i have to carry to the field if i dont put as many as i can on my spektrum xmttr...plus i can vouch that this one is a very well made tuff model watch the vids and u will see what im talking about, ive been really rough on it and all ive done is break a prop....

whatever planes u guys get enjoy and i wish u all the luck with them...i hope ive helped......DJ
Old 07-15-2009, 08:44 AM
CrashTestDummy77

You have helped and i appreciate the info, im going to do some more research and post up when i decide what to do. I have a bit of a stubborn side to me though... you know, kind of like the devil on one shoulder and angel on the other. I'll look into the mentor but im so tempted to just dive into the mustang lol. People are saying as well as im flying in only 8 flights with some more flight time i could handle pretty much whatever.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:11 AM
coinworker

crashtest... this is just my opinion.... read the reviews and everything you can about the models your considering, which it sounds like you have... then DON'T listen to what other people tell you to buy... get the one you really want even if you may not be 100% ready or capable to fly it... my reasoning is no matter what you get, rc is addictive and you will still want to buy the other plane... you can always buy the replacement parts for cheaper than upgrading to the model you really wanted in the first place. but if money is no issue and you are a patient learner then step your way into the plane you want buy progressive model buying. i learned this because i first started eyeing the cessna 182 but was told to buy the HZ supercub first... good advice and i learned to fly well but... within about three flights i was ready for the 4 channel 182... although i can safely bet i had more successful flights with the 182 because of learning on the HZsupercub. just my opinion...
Old 07-15-2009, 10:13 AM
olwarbirds

I have no doubts of that since ur doing solo flights and have a sim it does make a big diff....practice those landings i was telling ya about cuz for the most thats the hardest part of flying a warbird and with a mustang u need to let it get up some speed before u take off too...if i do a review on that mustang ill let ya know bud...DJ
Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM
CrashTestDummy77

Yeah i am probably going to go ahead and get the p-51 when im ready i just need to find the one with the most bang for the buck. Til then i am very happy with this cessna and would reccomend it to anyone learning to fly 4 ch. I have had about 11 or 12 sucessful flights now, when the other 2 guys i fly with (both with cessnas and others) have chrashed every time we have gone out to fly...so i guess im doin ok. I appreciate all the info though guys. Definitely let me know what you think of the p-51 from bananahobby. Thanks
Old 07-15-2009, 09:11 PM
CrashTestDummy77

Tonight- Flight 15, i finally crashed the cessna. Risiliant lil plane. I was flying inverted when it unexpectedly rolled in a wind gust and i was too low to recover. Snapped the wing, thats it. It will fly again tomorrow. Lesson learned. Altitude is your friend lol
Old 07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
olwarbirds

So Crash is a good name fer ya hey least its fixable if that had been a balsa plane u probable wudnt be flyn again tomorrow...a tip for ya bud put a coat of water based poly urethane on all the edges top and bottom about 4mm or so wide..some peeps do their whole plane in it....what it does is toughen up the plane and keeps hangar rash from happening too...do it in very thin coats,,,, DJ
Old 07-15-2009, 10:41 PM
CrashTestDummy77

lol..ya i thought my name was appropriate...but thats the whole reason i bought this plane...test my skills and the planes boundaries. I pretty much knew i would crash it at least once. Especially since its my first plane. I actually almost saved it but i forgot to chop the throttle when it flipped back over and i full throttled it into some tall weeds which in turn snapped the wing. Had they cut the grass today at the field i probably would have made it LOL I will look into that coating though. Hopefully i wont need it though...