Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Laying out Electronics

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 08:28 PM
damien1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laying out Electronics

I got an Yak 54 from Insane Foamies for christmas this year and I've been away and around so I'm just getting a chance to start building. I was wondering how some people went about laying the electronics. The plane came with a video showing how to build the fuse but it doesn't go onto the electronics. Is there anyone that can direct me on how to do this? At this point I have two options for mounting everything. Get creative or get online. I think its safer to get online though :P
Old 01-25-2007, 07:19 PM
David_McGinnis

Default RE: Laying out Electronics

I guess I am confused on your question. I try to mount as much as possible around the CG and then place the battery to balance. Is this what you mean?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:11 AM
sputnikxxx

I agree wiith what david said if you know where the cg is build it around that.... you can go to numerous sites such as 3dfoamy.com and look at some of the pdf's that clearly show the layout of the electronics on a lot of planes that are similar to the yak 54 flatout style plane as far as where you should put it goes you can make a complete mess and mount all the electronics in the rear if you wanted to with the exception of the battery of course, and as long as it did not interfere with any of the mechanical operations and the cg is set right... shouldnt much matter.. might look funny.... but I would do something stupid like that just for kicks
Old 06-21-2007, 10:03 PM
ILoveMinis

i know. i really wish they wuld include a paper manual.

ive built two of these.
just finished my second today.

id go with the aieleron servos under the middle of the wing. and the rudder/elevator, just tword the back. both horns facing the top.

its cg'd out perfect both times with no battery

your gunna LOVE this plane!