Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Motor mount for GWS system

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 04:01 AM
d_wheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor mount for GWS system

What's the lightest way to attach a GWS two motor (7.2V) system to a foamie? For the fuselage, I am using 3/16 foam board with the paper removed. Playing with the motor/prop while holding in my hand I have the feeling that the foam alone will not handle the touque and vibration.

Later;

D.W.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:22 AM
bobbdd

Default Mount

What a lot of kits do is put a wood stick into the foam a little way.I have also used GE silicone adhesive, it a little heavy but you can get a little shock absorbation from it, that is if the plane has a enough area to make a cradle for the motor.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:07 AM
R. C. Day
My Feedback: (7)

Default Motor mount for GWS system

D. W.
I would insert a spruce stick into the fuselage, the deeper you inset the stick, the stronger the fuselage will be and the better your bird will survive. If you wish you could laminate (one or both) the fuselage side(s) with a piece of paper/index card at the mount location.

If you have not tried it yet, give probond a try, I really like it!