Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

what are some good foamie kits for a Esskay 400XT Outrunner Brushless Motor?

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

what are some good foamie kits for a Esskay 400XT Outrunner Brushless Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Y2KGTP
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are some good foamie kits for a Esskay 400XT Outrunner Brushless Motor?

I bought this motor (Esskay 400XT Outrunner Brushless Motor) for use with the Hobby Lobby Yak-55, but was curious what other planes I could put it in?
(I actually bought 2 motors, as was a good price, I thought)

Specs:
For lightweight 3D models to 9-1/2 oz. and other airplanes to 16 oz. Use 9x3.8 to 11x3.8 prop and 2-3 LiPo cells and an 8 amp controller. Good to 10 amps but draws only 3 amps in hovering a model of 8-1/2 oz.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:32 PM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: what are some good foamie kits for a Esskay 400XT Outrunner Brushless Motor?

Check out Wattflyer - they have a couple of great threads with LOTS of kits for the 400XT. They also have a thread for prop selection.

Terry
Old 04-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Y2KGTP

Default RE: what are some good foamie kits for a Esskay 400XT Outrunner Brushless Motor?

ORIGINAL: TerryE

Check out Wattflyer - they have a couple of great threads with LOTS of kits for the 400XT. They also have a thread for prop selection.

Terry

Thanks.....it appears that this is a good setup for anything 8oz rang or so, so I should be good, after I go threw my 3 Yaks..
Old 04-22-2007, 12:52 AM
JohnyQuist

chargerrc CR1, CR2 or 260. Best foam plane bar none, I fly my with a 400 outrunner wind or no wind.
www.chargerrc.com
Old 04-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Y2KGTP

ORIGINAL: JohnyQuist

chargerrc CR1, CR2 or 260. Best foam plane bar none, I fly my with a 400 outrunner wind or no wind.
www.chargerrc.com

These look nice. Question. How come every foamy kit I see is around 40$? I got my Yak-55's from Hobby Lobby for under 17$ each (so I bought 3)

Are these that much a better plane to warrant 3x the cost? (Well 2.2x maybe )
Old 04-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Y2KGTP

I just ordered 3 of these, in case they ran out.....looked like a nice plane for a good buy...

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/pitts-s2.htm
Old 04-24-2007, 01:52 AM
JohnyQuist

They are 6 mil real depron foam, very strong and steardy. Very solid and durable. What gets expensive is when you keep buying differnet planes trying to find the perfect plane. Belive me buy a CR1 and you won't want anything else. 400 out runner and 1340 3s lipo 20 amp esc. I have many other planes which are nice such as eflight ultimate, efight byp-yak, typhoon, ultra stick, parkzone P-51, slow stick, 2dogrc challanger, charger CR1, CR2, IDC and the charger is the best overall its a do all foamy. It can fly fast, slow excellent 3d and durable. I also suggest adding the landing gear. - Jim
ORIGINAL: Y2KGTP

ORIGINAL: JohnyQuist

www.chargerrc.com

These look nice. Question. How come every foamy kit I see is around 40$? I got my Yak-55's from Hobby Lobby for under 17$ each (so I bought 3)

Are these that much a better plane to warrant 3x the cost? (Well 2.2x maybe )
Old 04-24-2007, 06:04 AM
Y2KGTP

[quote]ORIGINAL: JohnyQuist

They are 6 mil real depron foam, very strong and steardy. Very solid and durable. What gets expensive is when you keep buying differnet planes trying to find the perfect plane. Belive me buy a CR1 and you won't want anything else. 400 out runner and 1340 3s lipo 20 amp esc. I have many other planes which are nice such as eflight ultimate, efight byp-yak, typhoon, ultra stick, parkzone P-51, slow stick, 2dogrc challanger, charger CR1, CR2, IDC and the charger is the best overall its a do all foamy. It can fly fast, slow excellent 3d and durable. I also suggest adding the landing gear. - Jim
[quote]ORIGINAL: Y2KGTP

Thanks for the suggestion....I'll put it on my "to order" list. It was just hard to pass up 14.90$ per plane, however