Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

zagnutz???

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 11:43 PM
fr0g_D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zagnutz???

Ok here is a question i would like to pose to all of you good people. I made the mistake of thinking that i was was ready for a C model stryker and after crashing hard a couple of times i am thinking that i should just give up on it. Now i have toyed with the notion of gettin a new stryker body but i would rather have something a bit more docile for the next little while anyway. I can always get another stryker body and put her back together but i think i could get something a bit more "my speed" by building a zagnutz and putting the stryker c guts in it. what do you all think? I know the radio gear isn't the greatest but i seems to be working and why not put it to use? my main issue would be props, I have extras that i bought ith my stryker so could i use the stock props if i built a zagnutz? I just need a nudge in the right direction from the gurus.

thanks in advance.

fr0g_D
Old 08-26-2007, 01:19 AM
fr0g_D

Default RE: zagnutz???

Thanks for nothing RCuniverse but I did it so, look!

here is the bottom side.

here is sort of a side view, notice the slightly crunched nose.

winglets... do you think I have too much deflection?

here is the modd'ed motor mount and the control rods.

and last but not least the layout of the guts all velcroed securely in place.

whatta ya think?

Ok, here is what I think. First off I think the StrykerC motor has plenty of power, maybe too much for my skill level. I mean if I give it anywhere over half throttle it climbs like an I don't know what, but I think that may have something to do with COG being too far back or maybe I have too much elevon deflection dailed in. Its a stock Nutz so the COG is supposed to be between 7.5" and 8" from the nose which is noted by the blue gaffers tape in the picture of the bottom. Anyway it balances right at the back of that tape so I'm within the guidelines but I'm wondering if it wouldn't calm down a bit if the COG is the real issue and I moved it forward a bit. The problem with doing that is I don't really have any place to move things to as you can see in the pic of the guts.

Either way its fun and it glides like nobody's business when I get it up to altitude and kill the throttle. It actually reminds me alot of launching a glider from a hi-start then sailing it back down. Only when you are about to land you can throttle back up and go again. I'm thinking with this type of arrangement I will be able to get a Lipo to last a long time, maybe 30 minutes.

Thank you centex for the plans!

I love my NutZ!

fr0g_D
Old 08-27-2007, 03:21 AM
rudes

Default RE: zagnutz???

Hi so close to buying a stryker saw one fly on the weekend which helped me change my mind (so bloody fast). Still doing the wrong thing but, have been told to buy an Electrafun XP but saw one flying and just isn't me.
Gets worse just ordered a SU27 EDF RTF fell in love with it when i saw it flying, just know i am going to smash it (so bloody fragile). The Zagnuts looks sweet can't wait to start building foamies will have to smash the SU27 first ha ha.
I got nudged in the right direction but still bought a SU27, smash and learn.
Next plane will be the Electrafun.
Can't believe you haven't got any replies, i have had so much help from this site.

Rudes
(will have to smash and learn)