Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Need help programing 16/15/4 controller

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Need help programing 16/15/4 controller

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 12:18 PM
bandit409

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help programing 16/15/4 controller

I just installed a 15/15/4 brushless motor in a Zagi. Turned it on an it was slipping the motor out of the holder. I turned it off. I haven't been able to get it to run since.It is a mega motor. The controller is Compro (TMM2512-3s). I have tried programming as per instruction sheet. Can anyone help?

Bandit409
Old 05-12-2003, 08:37 PM
KillerAir

What do you mean slipped it out of the holder?
Are the connections ok?
What and how many cells to you bench test?
How long did you test it? How did you turn it off?
Any "Magic Smoke" come out of the controller?

Lotsa questions to get to the problem, need info to help.

Killer
Old 05-12-2003, 11:42 PM
bandit409

What and how many cells to you bench test?

8 cells

What do you mean slipped it out of the holder?

I immediately saw it slipping in the holder, (spinning) the connections lugs were mounted at the top they slipped to the first one touching the plastic motor holder(approximately 1/4 turn.
did not slip out of the holder!

How long did you test it? How did you turn it off?

approximately 15 seconds, turned it off immediately upon seeing it turn. wiring is perfect did not turn enough to put any strain on the wires. Turned it off with the throttle then with the controller switch.

I have spoken with Sal with Northeast Sailplane Products. He had me to run some test. Didn't know anything else but to return it and let them test it. Sent it off today.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:29 PM
KillerAir

Sounds like you did the right thing in sending it to Sal so he and or Bob can check it over. It is very hard to tell what exactly happened and why without looking at it or testing it. Hope it turns out well for you.

Killer
Old 05-24-2003, 02:02 PM
foamfan

Probably damaged your ESC. The BL esc's are pretty susceptible to damage if it is powered and one of the connections are broken/nonexistent. When the motor slipped, one or more of the connections to the motor could have been damaged/broken and since you turned it off right away, there was no "magic smoke". The good news is hopefully it's only the software programming that got messed-up and the manufacturer can easily reprogram this and is a lot cheaper than buying a new esc. (happened to me lot's of times.)