Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Flyzone J3 RTF needs roids

Old 04-24-2009, 01:11 PM
davek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flyzone J3 RTF needs roids

Thats something when you can get an order from China faster than you can get it from the USA. I placed an order at Horizon Hobby last Saturday, I still don't have it.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:24 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Great, hope it works out for you. Hopefully the brushless setup you ordered had good reviews. Their LiPos are pretty good (Zippy, Rhino, etc.).

BTW, you must not have a 5yr old at home, or you'd know it's Miley Cyrus, not Molly Cyrus . I've got an 8yr old son who likes her (he seems to like all the good looking teenage girls he sees) .
Old 04-27-2009, 09:16 AM
AirFool

Whoops, no kids yet, I guess i need to brush up on my nickelodeon. Your boy has the right idea, i like older women too.
Well i custom installed the setup in a few hours and everything seems to work good. Plenty of thrust from the 3s 20c lipos. The ESC is easy to program and the motor only got slightly hot at full throttle when using anything bigger than a 8x4 prop. The 8x4 seems to be the best balance of thrust and proper temp. I havent flown yet because of windy conditions but hopefully this weekend ill get out to the park.

Overall im happy, for $60 shipped i got a whole brushless setup with 2 lipos and charger; now lets just see if it lasts.
BTW the props that come with these motors is crappier than a MILEY CYRUS album.
Sorry had to redeem myself, tell your son i appologize for trashin his girl.

And Davek, kinda defeats the purpose of buying domestic huh? Then we wonder why the economy is in the porta-pottie!

Thanks again everyone for all the help im gonna post this on the J3 thread to provide for info for people looking to upgrade.
Laz
Old 04-27-2009, 01:55 PM
davek

ORIGINAL: AirFool

And Davek, kinda defeats the purpose of buying domestic huh? Then we wonder why the economy is in the porta-pottie!
Here it is Monday afternoon and no order from Horizon yet. Hobby City does not sell the parts I ordered (Parkzone parts) so I had to order thru Horizon.

davek
Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 AM
AirFool

Did you opt for some kind of guaranteed shipping? Cus if it said 4-5 day or something and you havent received your items they should at least offer you some store credit for future puchases. If so call them up and see what they can do, i had a similar prob with a another shop and they gave me credit to make it right. Just my .02[8D]
Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 PM
davek

ORIGINAL: AirFool

Did you opt for some kind of guaranteed shipping? Cus if it said 4-5 day or something and you havent received your items they should at least offer you some store credit for future puchases. If so call them up and see what they can do, i had a similar prob with a another shop and they gave me credit to make it right. Just my .02[8D]
My order showed up this afternoon. I just chose the standard shipping. I will choose something different next time. I called Horizon yesterday and they said that being that they shipped it US Mail there is no way to track it. They also said that it has to be over 30 days before they can file a claim as a lost package. Knowing that, this will be the last time I choose the standard shipping. I told the Lady I talked to at Horizon that I get orders from Hobby City in Hong Kong faster. She did not seem impressed.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:59 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

I order Horizon stuff from other online stores that discount most items below MAP prices. [link=http://www.ultimatehobbies.com]Ultimate Hobbies[/link] has pretty good prices on Horizon stuff, and has free shipping on orders over $150 (sometimes they run a special with free shipping on $50+ or $100+ orders).
Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 PM
davek

ORIGINAL: -pkh-

I order Horizon stuff from other online stores that discount most items below MAP prices. [link=http://www.ultimatehobbies.com]Ultimate Hobbies[/link] has pretty good prices on Horizon stuff, and has free shipping on orders over $150 (sometimes they run a special with free shipping on $50+ or $100+ orders).
Thanks, I checked them out. I noticed that the RTF Vapor is $20.00 less than Horizon's price. I will probably order one this fall when we start indoor flying again.