Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

1/4FFF

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:18 PM
mattkaine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4FFF

I am getting into the rc airplane hobby and was planning on going with corro as I can get lots of 4mm for free and the durability of it. Problem is that I can't locate the 2mm stuff commonly used for wings. I am interested in the KFm4 airfoil that a lot of Foamies use. And that got me to thinking about a FFF Corro Hybrid. Problem is I have never touched the 1/4FFF and not for sure on its properties. Below in the pic is what I have in mind. I know that the 2mm will work in place of the 1/4FFF in the drawing. The questions I have is

A. is the 1/4FFF Flexible enough to make the leading edge curve with out breaking??
B. is it stiff enough to not need extra supports to keep its shape other than the spar?
C. How durable is this stuff? I know the Corro can take quite a beating.

The idea here is to find a product that can replace the 2mm Corro that will not add much extra weight or added steps to the simple wing I am building at the moment and be simple to locate. The 1/4FFF Looks like it could work but like I said I have never actually seen the stuff and don't want to spend $40 to special order something from Lowes that I won't use.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79797.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1225353