Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

New life for an old Alfa Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Firepower R/C
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New life for an old Alfa Corsair

Hello all. I have had this thing sitting unbuilt in my closet for 4 years... it had been poked, knocked, dropped, dented, and inflicted with so much hanger rash I was almost not going to build it. Every now and then I would glance in the box and try to decide if it was even worth the effort. Well, about 2 weeks ago I was thinking about how great these fly & that even in its sorry state it would be a great weekend cruiser. One thing led to another, more and more ideas and additions to the original plan of a quick build... and I end up with the best Alfa I have ever built (which is about 7). I also wanted to fit a set of drop tanks & pylons I made a while back when I was drop tank and pylon crazy. Everything has exceeded my expectations. I may offer these for sale someday, but for now I would like to have the only set flying!

Here are some pics... tell me what you think of the plane & tanks. The pictures look really blue with my flash, so I included one without flash so you can see a better actual representation of the color. What do y'all think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81939.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1241380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20193.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1241381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33117.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1241382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xr45498.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1241383  
Old 07-22-2009, 06:23 PM
airboss45

Default RE: New life for an old Alfa Corsair

WOW, great looking corsair. nice work and color. airboss
Old 07-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Firepower R/C

I maidened this Corsair tonight... as with most Alfas, it flew excellent! a few clicks of right and down and it was tracking like an arrow. It is slow to roll, however. I dialed back the elevator until it would just mush along instead of stalling. Axi 2212/34 motor, Jeti 12 amp ESC, generic 1300 mah 11.1 volt Li-po. This airplane has a great Corsair "whistle" while on a high speed pass. I am in love all over again!!! Now for a flight with the drop tanks... perhaps tomorrow.

Thanks Airboss for the compliment!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Firepower R/C

flew it with the tanks tonight... it went well. Flies good with them, just a little bit slower, and it looked really good. Video soon I hope.