Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Trying to decide between the F4U Corsair and the P-51D

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Trying to decide between the F4U Corsair and the P-51D

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 01:30 AM
viper157

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to decide between the F4U Corsair and the P-51D

Looking to purchase my first plane. Ihave been flying a friends P-51D and very happy with how it flies. It was my first aileron plane to fly.

Trying to decide between the the F4U Corsair and the P-51D.

F4U Corsair
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/f4u_corsa...81179_prd1.htm

P-51D
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/p-51d-mus...f-parkzone.htm

Ihave thought about buying the F4Uso we could have different planes to fly but I don't want to get it and then be really dissapointed. Can anyone who has flown both give some feedback on whether the F4U was as "fun" as the P-51D to fly in terms of general handling and flight characteristics (speed, manuverability, etc.)

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:03 AM
freeair

Default RE: Trying to decide between the F4U Corsair and the P-51D

if you,ve flown the stang you will fly the corsair better. both great models but the cors is easier to fly thanks to the gull wing .
Old 09-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Foam Head Mike

if you like how the mustang flys you will love the F4U corsair
The Corsair is my favorite WWII war bird
I plan on building a 50" wingspan corsair from FFF this winter.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:50 PM
CBM Racing

The corsair is great! Been flying mine every day for 2 weeks straight and getting more fun everytime out. Threw on a 9x9 apc prop and the speed is pretty impressive. Try to get some extra battery packs if you can, some 2100mah lipo packs with 20c discharge can handle most anything you can throw at it in the corsair. Just be carefull on the landings, you need to fly it onto the ground without slowing down much and no flairing at touchdown, otherwise it looks like a pogo stick, boing boing boing heh heh.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:45 AM
CrashTestDummy77

You will enjoy the corsair better, it give you room to grow a little more over the 3 channel mustang. Plus you get landing gear which i prefer to grass landings any day. I upgraded mine with a 1200kv rimfire motor and the difference is amazing. Such a fun plane to fly. Now it goes nearly straight up as far as your eyes can see. You wont be disappointed in the corsair. good luck whatever you decide. I will say the corsair needs a little speed to land smoothly which takes some getting used to. Other than that...flight is extremely smooth and predictable.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:12 PM
strongbow88

Parkzone Corsair was my first plane. It is a complete love affair. Great flyer at any speeds. Will handle any manuvere you are capable of performing. I up powered mine with an E-flite power io motor with an exceed rc 40amp speed controller turning an APC 10 X 7E prop. This combo nearly blisters the air into submission. Good controll on take offs and landing approaches.