Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Fying Wings

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 05:20 PM
flag8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fying Wings

Getting back into airplanes after a 4 year stint with helis and looking to pick up a flying wing. I had a Windrider Mini Bee a few years ago, liked it but had issues keeping the brushless secured on the wing. Can anyone reccomend a good electric flying wing?

Old 04-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Real Gambler

Default RE: Fying Wings

Parkzone Stryker or Multiplex Funjet
Old 04-25-2010, 07:52 PM
flag8r

I try and avoid Parkzone stuff at this point. Is the Stryker decent quality? I think I remember people just buying the body and outfitting with aftermarket motor and parts.

I really like the idea of a wing, which the Styker isn't.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:23 PM
tonystro
My Feedback: (1)

You may want to consider a wing from 'MS Composit', either the "Swift" or the Mini Swift"...

Old 05-04-2010, 07:51 PM
CBM Racing

What makes the stryker not a flying wing? Also why avoid PZ stuff? From what I have seen from their recent offerings it is good quality stuff. I have a radian and corsair, and they perform as advertized. Just curious really, as I haven't heard the stryker called anything but a wing? The funjet should be great as well, most of multiplex stuff is great in this style, like the older twinjet and microjet.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:00 PM
flag8r

I went with the Sylvan Aircraft X22 wing..
Old 05-05-2010, 12:12 PM
molokaiboy

You may want to consider a wing from 'MS Composit', either the "Swift" or the Mini Swift"...
+1 for this wing. There cheap and virtually indestructible. They fly well and you can also use them as gliders and catch some thermals. Either way there alot of fun to fly. Easy to repair. Get a couple of your friends to get them too and you can enjoy some dogfighting action in the sky.

Aloha,
Les
Old 05-19-2010, 05:17 PM
savagenitroflux

Hi Guys;

I love this Swift II and i want to buy one and see what this "air" R/C is all about, im very interested in it.

can you recommend a motor, esc and radio gear for it.

You can probably tell from my posting that ive never owned a R/C plane before (only cars & trucks) so if you can send me any links to some beginner equipment so i can see if i like the planes before i make a large investment, i would be very appreciative.

Thanx
freddy
Old 06-03-2010, 04:25 AM
saucerguy
Banned

Zagi is a very good classic wing to work with, they were originally designed as slopers which means they will fly very slowly, there is some assembly required, but they are well worth it. Look at the hobby city speed controller, brushless motor combo's, that's the best deal there, and anything over 1200 kv is going to be more then enough bang for the buck for a new pilot. http://zagi.com/

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...047_Prop_Combo

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...0C_Lipoly_Pack

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...2.5g/_0.10sec_

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9042&Product_Name=Hobby_King_2.4Ghz_6Ch_Tx_&_Rx_(Mode_2)

Keep in mind, I'm just pointing you to the cheaper gear from them, it's good to start out without going in debt, this will get you flying and the stuff isn't going to fall apart on you in the process. You'll be impressed with the set up for the money you are putting out.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:20 AM
fordclubr

Has anyone used a E flite Park 250 in a MS composite Mini Swift? Feedback please.