RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foamies-rc-electric-foam-aircraft-162/)
-   -   Art-Tech 3Ch Cessna 182 RC Radio Control Plane (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foamies-rc-electric-foam-aircraft-162/2199644-art-tech-3ch-cessna-182-rc-radio-control-plane.html)

drdoom 09-24-2004 01:19 PM

Art-Tech 3Ch Cessna 182 RC Radio Control Plane

Anyone with any information on this Cessna 182???
Anyone selling the same plane in the USA under a different package?
It may be the most scale foam plane ive seen.
Dennis

englischdude 10-12-2004 10:18 PM

RE: Art-Tech 3Ch Cessna 182 RC Radio Control Plane

Hi Dennis,

My Cessna 182 from Art-tech arrived 2 weeks ago...... exactly the same day that I had to fly to Australia on business (****).
Anyway, I will be back in Europe on the 25 October and so will build and test this plane then. As soon as I am done I will post a review with piccies.

Regards
Englischdude

drdoom 10-13-2004 01:06 PM

I have one on order But Electric aircraft I know nothing about.
From what Ive seen, This is a very scale Foamy.
Ill post Pixxx also.
Dennis

englischdude 10-13-2004 08:23 PM

No problem, i look forward to receiving the picks. If you have a video clip then you can send it to me on
[email protected]

Regards
Englischdude

PS: I look forward to your comments on what to avoid when I get home!

Planebeach 10-14-2004 10:51 AM

There is a video of the Cessna at this adress:

http://www.art-tech.cn/english/Artic...p?ArticleID=86

drdoom 10-19-2004 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ive added a steerable nose gear to mine, and Ill add ailerons sense the ailerons were already broken from shipment.
If you order from overseas Be sure to get it insured, Mine was destroyed, but as all foam kits are, they are repairable.
Make sure you get it insured!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drdoom 10-23-2004 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is almost finished, All left is the ailerons.

MGBGT racer 11-07-2004 10:03 PM

Any flight reports on this plane? I am thinking about getting one and converting to better radio gear and lipos, just stick the radio that comes with it in a cheap glider or something. It's really got the right look.

Planebeach 11-08-2004 04:15 PM

This is a nice plane, I will buy it soon. How does it fly?

MGBGT racer 11-11-2004 09:59 AM

since nobody is posting any info, I just bought one... as soon as it arrives, I'll share the info.

drdoom 11-11-2004 04:04 PM

I still havn't had a day without any wind to fly mine. I also noticed that someone is selling it with 4 channels now. I upgraded mine with
hi tech 4 channel and 3 added Aileron and Nose steering.
it is also dark when I get off work It may be a while before the first flight.
Ill let everyone know how it goes.
Dennis

Planebeach 11-11-2004 05:12 PM

Who are selling it online?

upstateflyer 11-11-2004 10:21 PM

Guys,

Parkflyers.com is selling a cessna 182 for $159.00 and they are out of NJ. I found it while looking at the new product Begin-air featured on the home page of this forum. They are backed up on orders too. I wonder if its the same plane. video's from the site look very similar to the ones posted on the ebay auction for the art-tech 182.

Looks like a great scale plane and pretty easy to fly. I like the 480 motor. I've inquired, but not heard back, about replacement parts for broken peices.

I'll let you know how I make out

Thanks
Chris in NY
Electric plane Aeromodelers, Scotia NY

MGBGT racer 11-17-2004 12:00 AM

I got mine today and tried it out today. It assembled easily- just glue on the tail feathers and adjust the control rods.
Charged up the battery and took it outside- set it on the pavement and did the range check.
Decided to let it rip- it rolled out quite a way before I tapped the elevator just a bit and it came up off the ground and immediately started wagging the tail. It wasn't stalling or climbing fast- but I leveled it off about 6 feet and pushed the nose down a bit to get even more speed. The faster it went, the worse the tail wag went until it finally spun in.
The rear of the fuselage is thin (like the estarter) and snapped right off. Some foam safe CA and it's just fine. Just as with the estarter, I think this plane needs a stiffener in the rear of the fuse.
As to why it wagged so badly- The vertical stab is WAY too flimsy. I don't know if it moved during flight or not, but it is flimsy enough that it might be a possibility. Before the next flight, I'll slip a bamboo skewer or carbon rod down the vertical stab. Also, the hinges need to be taped instead of relying on the skin of the foam for a hinge.
I built it per the instructions to make for a valid test, but now I will mod it to make it work better. Stock form, it's a mediocre machine at best but has potential.
It will fly, I have no doubt... but the CG might be off in stock form, just need to tinker a bit.
Switching to Lipos will also have a profound difference but will have to establish a good CG first so then I know where to place the battery.
The landing gear and the cowl make the scale look on it- like I said, it has potential. I'd have to say that the Parkzone Cub or Aerobird Challenger is a better buy in the same price rance.

MGBGT racer 11-17-2004 11:36 PM

Second day of flight ops on the Art-Tech 182.

I installed a carbon rod down the vertical stab- otherwise no change.

Hand launch this time and after it settled in, it flew quite well. You have to be gentle with it and fly it in a scale fashion or it jerks around and seems to be close to a spin when you jam on the controls a little hard. It felt as if you have to keep the speed up a bit, but as I got used to it- it didn't feel so much that way.

Landings are a non-event- cut the power and it'll come right in... it can go slower than I thought. Touch and go on pavement looks great!

With lighter radio gear and Lipos, this makes a better looking plane than an estarter and just about the same quality- and less building time. The wing is molded with a servo mount in it as well. The radio that comes with it works, but the rx is large and heavy. The servos appear to have a standard plug as well, but are very noisy.

It's still a tad overpriced for what it is, but when (if) replacement parts become available, it would be nice to build one with nice electronics. Carbon rod in the vertical stab is necessary though.

drdoom 11-22-2004 03:30 PM

Thanks for the Heads Up. We needed that.
Dennis

parkflyers 12-08-2004 10:54 AM

Just to post an update we do have the Cessna 182 in stock now!

see www.parkflyers.com for further details.

parkflyers 12-08-2004 10:56 AM

Cessna 182 RTF In stock

sentenil_nz 12-12-2004 11:37 PM

Ive just got my 4 ch cessna 182 last thursday. looks good when the wind dies down ill take it out. Only thing I would complain about is the Tail Rudder & the Elevator wing is way too flimsey. Ive had fix the Elevator between the two elevators as first time checking out controls it broke. Might have to look at strengthing it some how? (maybe balsa one might work?, anyone else had probs like this before?)

will follow up soon with pics :)

regards

Sentenil_NZ
New Zealand

Duffle 12-20-2004 02:42 AM

I just ordered the cessna 182 from parkflyers.com and it should be here wendsday. Can't wait, it my first R/C plane. Also parkflyers.com has pic and movies of there cessna in flight

zlm_us 12-20-2004 02:51 AM

I received mine Saturday. 4 Channel Art-Tech, and was a little disappointed with the quality. It is very cool looking and larger then what I expected. The rudder appears to be very weak and it had some minor freight damage. I have not flown it yet since the wind will not stop blowing. [:@]

Duffle 12-30-2004 05:32 AM

Ok I crashed mine, the wing broke in half, the motor is screwed up, and the plastic in the front that covers the motor shattered. Also I cant find any spare parts. I went to art-tech website and not sure how to order from there. also look all over web can't find any spare parts (except for motor). found one at r/c galaxy but when i go to checkout it says attention the store is closed. I got my Cessna from parkflyers.com so i'll call their number and ask them, but if anyone knows where a good website to order spares from is could you please tell me.

boulder51 12-30-2004 11:20 AM

anyone know where i can get replacement parts for the cessna 182 rtf. I need a new wing. and possibly a 7 cell 1000 Mah Nihm battery. Parkflyers is out of replacement parts and is awaiting new shipment.

TZoidpro 12-30-2004 07:33 PM

I just purchased one of these planes today from the web. Does anyone have anything good to say about this plane? It is my first purchase of a rc plane......Little nervous at best about the plane. I really like the look of the plane and the video's online look good while in flight. Any good advice for a not so willing to wait flyer?

Thanks,
The Zoid

Duffle 12-31-2004 04:10 AM

My first time flying one was Christmas and I crashed so my best advise to you is not to crash