Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

problems with site loading

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

problems with site loading

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:00 PM
g725s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with site loading

I'm using Firefox 10 on a Windows 7 computer.

Sometimes I cannot get into the forum at all. Once in, it seems I randomly can't load pages and I'm unable to get into the forum again. I've not been able to send a PMfor the last week at least, it just won't load the page to do so. I cannot view a members profile at all.

This seems to be the worst server of any forum I've been on in many years.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: problems with site loading

ORIGINAL: g725s

Sometimes I cannot get into the forum at all. Once in, it seems I randomly can't load pages and I'm unable to get into the forum again. I've not been able to send a PM for the last week at least, it just won't load the page to do so. I cannot view a members profile at all.

I've been having the same trouble more than usual for the past couple of weeks. Others are complaining out in the open but have given up on these people answering trouble reports or just fixing it.
I've finally broken my RCU browsing habit and only come on here to check on one or two threads I am following.
Instead of wasting time on the computer I'm starting to actually build models again.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

When I got up this morning, I clicked on my link to RCU, read all the new posts on Facebook, had my coffee, took a shower and still RCU was trying to load. It hasn't gotten much better since then.

A statement was made that the IT guys are working on these problems and they will be resolved soon. They try one thing and it breaks something else so they remove the fix and try something else. In all my years of doing 'C' and C++ programming, trial and error was an unacceptable method of development. Every phase of development had to be planned, coded and tested before being installed on a live, working system. In my opinion, either the developers don't know what they are doing or the owners don't know what the developers are doing.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:32 PM
g725s

ORIGINAL: Dave Harmon

ORIGINAL: g725s

Sometimes I cannot get into the forum at all. Once in, it seems I randomly can't load pages and I'm unable to get into the forum again. I've not been able to send a PMfor the last week at least, it just won't load the page to do so. I cannot view a members profile at all.

I've been having the same trouble more than usual for the past couple of weeks. Others are complaining out in the open but have given up on these people answering trouble reports or just fixing it.
I've finally broken my RCU browsing habit and only come on here to check on one or two threads I am following.
Instead of wasting time on the computer I'm starting to actually build models again.
It's too bad. There is a good group of posters here. And I'm new here so I don't know how long this has been going on. But I've randomly had problems since I signed up.

Can anyone recommend other rc sites that work well. I know of RC Groups. Any others I should check out?

Old 02-06-2012, 09:07 AM
OddsNEnds

I'll add to this for admin purposes.

For a while now I've also noticed the very slow loading of the RCU forums. But, just recently I also see that the rest of the site other than the forums have been down with 500 server errors.

I hope RCU can fix the problems soon. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:59 PM
g725s

I might try checkin in here from time to time. But email me when you get the server crashing fix. I'll be over at other forums in the mean time.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Oregon Craig

RC Groups has plenty of activity, lots of smart posters, good moderation, and servers that actually work. Anything less is stealing money from advertisers.

Just move over there and forget about this pile of ****.

R.I.P. RCU [:'(]
Old 02-15-2012, 12:38 AM
crispyspa

ORIGINAL: N7OR

RC Groups has plenty of activity, lots of smart posters, good moderation, and servers that actually work. Anything less is stealing money from advertisers.

This is the first place I came for help with my hobby, but the problems as of late have me searching for other alternatives also. This is such a good resource I hate to give it up completely though.

I can almost guess what happened. The IT guys that had the system running smoothly were making too much money and management figured that they could save some money by hiring some fresh NOOBS and letting the experienced guys "go"....we suffer as a result.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Oregon Craig

We need to let the advertisers know that we can almost never see any of their ads. They will go away, RCU will disappear, problem solved.

RC Groups is a good one.

If you like helicopters, helifreak is good.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Oregon Craig

ORIGINAL: Oregon Craig

The whole site seems fast and reliable now, 5 months later. I regret the bad remarks I made while replying hastily.

-Craig
Old 07-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Oregon Craig

ORIGINAL: Oregon Craig

We need to let the advertisers know that we can almost never see any of their ads. They will go away, RCU will disappear, problem solved.

RC Groups is a good one.

If you like helicopters, helifreak is good.
The whole site seems fast and reliable now, 5 months later. I regret the bad remarks I made while replying hastily.

-Craig