Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Problem with adding an image to My Models in Profile

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Problem with adding an image to My Models in Profile

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Cronniss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with adding an image to My Models in Profile

Hello,

I'm trying to add an image of a photo that I have taken of my R/C to my profile, specificly to My Models.

Every time I try to add it I get a message stating to make sure that it is a '.jpg' (and that a JPEG could really be a BitMap and to ensure that it is a JPEG) and that the image must be 800x600 or smaller. Now I've made sure that the images that I'm trying to add are smaller, but I keep getting the same message.

Are there other restrictions that are not listed in this message, like maybe file size? (An image at a resolution of 800x600 pixels can be anywhere from a few kilobytes to a few megabytes...even if it is a JPEG.)

Now, I don't know what servers you're running, or what forum software for that matter; but personally I prefer images to be in the .png format. Unfortunately that usually means image file sizes of anywhere from x2 to x5 larger for an equivalent JPEG...but it allows for greater detail within the same resolution (image size, as opposed to file size), as well as no potential quality loss when resaving the image. (With JPEGs, the image is compressed, which is what allows for such small file sizes. However, every time you re-save a JPEG image (that is: open, save, re-open, re-save, etc. ad naseum) it is recompressed when it is saved again. Eventually it will become so compressed that there will be pixilation and/or artification within the image, and the image can become a blurry blob of an unrecognizable mess.)

(Btw, if anyone happens to have questions regarding computers - feel free to ask. That's where my expertise lies. I've been using computers for over 30 years, and was in the field professionally for almost 20. If I can't answer a question regarding computers, I should at least be able to find the answer for you.)
Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Cronniss

Default RE: Problem with adding an image to My Models in Profile

Btw, here's the image that I'm trying to add...

(It is 730x444 and 90kb.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99583.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1760619  
Old 05-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Cronniss

No answer?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Cronniss

Nvm.  Just tried again & it uploaded.  Thanks to whomever resolved that issue.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:24 AM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought I'd bump this thread instead of making a new one. I'm having the same problem, I've been trying for days and it wont work. It's telling me it's not a jpeg even though it is. I've tried several images, several browsers, and it never works.

I used to get this error once in a while and would just retry and it would eventually work. Not this time.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:58 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Issue is worse now. A 40.3kb jpg won't even make it's way to model page.