Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Will missing images in threads come back?

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Will missing images in threads come back?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will missing images in threads come back?

Hi,
Many images in threads are missing and without the images a thread might not be as interesting as it should have been.
Example:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97...page_31/tm.htm
Post #769 - there the tread starter has made an inventory of images in his thread, out of 968+ photos that was in this thread only 10 remain today because of "problems" at RCU server or whatever the cause is.

So, will the missing images com back and when?
It can berather much work behind images in threads.

/Bo
Old 04-11-2013, 11:38 PM
maneba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will missing images in threads come back?

I think that the pictures are irreversibly damaged, otherwise why not to give an explanation?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:53 AM
swampd

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

+1

Any estimate as to when photos will be restored to the forums? Thanks!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:04 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I can't remember if it was in this thread, or one of the many other on RCU about the image upload problem, where I promised that I would forward any information that I received in order to keep all of our members better informed. Anyway, whether I did or not I'm still going to give you guys the info that I have received.

I know that the image upload issue has been going of for a few days now, but I've got some info about what's going on. Earlier this week IB tried to migrate us to a faster server cluster in order to get better performance out of RCU. During that migration a storage device went bad and caused the entire migration to totally crater, which resulted in the "Pardon our dust" banner showing for a good part of Wednesday. The tech department restored to the pre-migration backup and decided to take care of the migration a couple of servers at a time, instead of all of them at once. They think that the image upload issue is tied in with the storage device that went bad and it should come back up and work properly once the server migration is completed. Unfortunately I don't have the target for that completion, but I know that they are working as fast as they can to take care of it. 

So hopefully we'll get our images back working soon. I promise that if I receive any other news about this I will pass it on to you guys. 

This week I have new communications with IB that I have never had before, so I promise that I will pass on every scrap of news that I can get for everybody. I know most of you don't like being a mushroom and I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure that you aren't treated like that from now on.

Ken
Old 04-12-2013, 12:45 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

It's been reported to me that the image upload issues have been resolved. As you can see here I have uploaded a picture, so hopefully everything is good now.

Going forward I plan on taking a more active role in being a conduit of information from our Tech Department when things like this happen. In addition, if at any time anybody has any questions or concerns about tech related issues on RCU please don't hesitate to PM me, I'll do everything within my power to address your concerns. That's what I'm here for guys!!!

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21804.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1870801