Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

No PM Notifications

Old 10-21-2014, 11:34 AM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No PM Notifications

OK, I can apparently send PMs successfully now, as I get responses (eventually), but so far three people have told me they a) no longer get pop-up notification of a new PM and/or b) don't get email notification, even though their settings have it enabled. I definitely no longer get either notification. What's up with that?
Old 10-21-2014, 12:13 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Be sure the email address your account here is registered with is the one you think you ought to be getting emails at.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:00 PM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, I don't know what happened, but all the experiments with IBobi have resulted in notifications, so I'm not sure what happened.

If I can hijack my own thread to ask a slightly related question, I (used to) have all the PMs I'd ever sent back to the beginning (2002) in my Sent box. Now, there are still PMs in my Sent box back to 2003, but all the old ones (2009 and before) when I click on them, I get the original message I responded to, not my message. Yes, this is in the Sent box. All the recent messages (this year) there are ones I've sent.