Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Old 08-07-2013, 06:17 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
About the login well I don't have too when I click login it show my page as login....then I go back and I'm logout.....if I just select something within the forum I stay login......I don't believe it's from the cookies...I think it's from the top bar which I believe it's from the old software....and it's creating a problem.
All the login issues we've seen are from bad cookies.

1 : Go to the RCU forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum and clear your browser cookies
2 : Go to the RCU home page http://www.rcuniverse.com and clear your browser cookies
3 : (at this point the homepage and forum will NOT show you logged in)
4: Log in on the homepage at http://www.rcuniverse.com
5: Click to go into the forum
Old 08-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm... Interesting. I just tried logging out and I got the same thing, said I was still logged in. So, this time I used CCleaner to wipe it all out, IE as well as Chrome. I was logged out then, so I logged back in. I tried logging out again and it did the same thing, showed me as still logged in.

Maybe I'm not understanding your instructions. Is there someplace special in RCU to clear your browser cookies? Can you elaborate please?

Thanks!
David

PS BTW, I'm using Chrome

Last edited by Cub Flyer Fresno; 08-07-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:43 PM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot update my email address in the user control panel. The system states that my password is incorrect and I cannot proceed to change email or update or a new password. My password is correct as it works to login from the forum login screen.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:31 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

pics uploaded to threads end up being processed, and show up pretty fuzzy and full of noise :\

Voy
Old 08-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Hellapilot

If I click on a menu (or hover over actually) such as COMMUNITY then hover down to an item that has a sub menu, for example RC university and to the right a pop-up menu shows the different parts of RC university-planes, cars, etc, when I move my mouse to the right, all the menus disappear. Only if I move EXTREMELY fast from RC university to the section of that I want to see, will it stay long enough to click on. Also, I am 100% sure no one will understand or reply to this, so have a nice day.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Mooney_driver

Originally Posted by IBobi
For those receiving PAGE NOT FOUND or 500 - SERVER ERROR messages:

Log out of RCU.
Clear your browser's history and cache.
Close your browser. If you are on a Windows computer create a Command prompt (Windows Key + r), and then type "cmd". In the command box type in "ipconfig/flushdns" and hit enter (this will flush your DNS cache). Now open back up your browser and try to log into RCU. If the new forums still don't pull up type ctrl + F5 to force a refresh on your browser.
I have gotten zero emails for the forums I am subscribed to for a week now. If I make the mistake of trying to open a link sent to me from previous messages I get an error 500. I flushed dns but it makes no difference. It shows me logged in but it sure does not work right. Something is very wrong!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:02 PM
pvogel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mooney_driver
I have gotten zero emails for the forums I am subscribed to for a week now. If I make the mistake of trying to open a link sent to me from previous messages I get an error 500. I flushed dns but it makes no difference. It shows me logged in but it sure does not work right. Something is very wrong!
Subscription e-mails are definitely working for me. Check your spam folders. Here are the headers I'm getting now:

Code:
Received: by 10.49.35.243 with SMTP id l19csp222246qej;        Wed, 7 Aug 2013 19:19:44 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.66.25.102 with SMTP id b6mr3455577pag.129.1375928384075;        Wed, 07 Aug 2013 19:19:44 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from la3-prdmxout-002.internetbrands.com (la3-prdmxout-002.internetbrands.com. [98.158.192.50])        by mx.google.com with ESMTP id x6si7881144pab.281.2013.08.07.19.19.43        for <[email protected]>;        Wed, 07 Aug 2013 19:19:44 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 98.158.192.50 as permitted sender) client-ip=98.158.192.50;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;       spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 98.158.192.50 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from rcuvb-web2.internetbrands.com (rcuvb-web2.dhcp.internetbrands.com [10.17.1.158])    by la3-prdmxout-002.internetbrands.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 97D9EA51E8    for <[email protected]>; Wed,  7 Aug 2013 19:19:43 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by rcuvb-web2.internetbrands.com (Postfix, from userid 48)    id 92C4F85D; Wed,  7 Aug 2013 19:19:43 -0700 (PDT)
To: [email protected]
Subject: Reply to thread ' Extreme Flight Vanquish 2m Build Thread'
X-PHP-Originating-Script: 48:class_mail.php
From: "RC  Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more" <[email protected]>

Last edited by pvogel; 08-07-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:08 PM
gkclrk62

Same here !
I can't even access RCU by clicking on the emails that I have save on various & informative posts like I used to. It just takes my brower to a Yahoo 404 Page not found
[h=2]Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found on Yahoo! Search.[/h][h=2]Showing related results for: http://search.yahoo.com/&nrd=1&fr=slv404-tyc9[/h]I AM ABOUT READY TO GIVE UP AND GO ELSEWHERE !
gkclrk62
Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 PM
ahamay

If I close down my browser (chrome) and then click the link in the new post notification email (which are working for me BTW) to goto the forum thread, I"m no longer logged in. I have to go back through the login link again and then go back to the forum and refresh the page a few times then it will show me that i'm logged in.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:00 PM
maverick25552

After searching in google i can't open link's of your site. On a screen "Page not found" I'm using google crome

Last edited by maverick25552; 08-07-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:04 PM
ahamay

Originally Posted by maverick25552
After searching in google i cant open links on a screen io see "Page not found"
Google is going to take a while to reindex the site as all the links have now changed. The links you are clicking will be pointing to the old forum urls.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

I am tiring of the log in issues on this new version.
If it can't be solved, I'm out of here.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:53 AM
Glacier Girl

Well I'm using Foxfire, every time I go to the new site it tells me to register or log in. Click login, and it take me to my page.
If I try and get into any of the forums, I keep getting the all in one forum of everything, instead of the forum I picked.

Whoops, just noticed something else. My signature has changed. There was a pair of back slashes now stuck in between the n and t in the word can't.

I went in and cleared out the problem with the signature, looks like that's fixed.

Last edited by Glacier Girl; 08-08-2013 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Found another boo boo
Old 08-08-2013, 04:33 AM
kwblake

Further on the "My Forums" problem. When I click on My Forums, it now takes me to the ones I have subscribed to, but two are missing. Also, I have what look like small blue balloons all over the first two or three. One other member posted what this looks like, earlier.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:47 AM
VincentJ

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

I still haven't gotten a response back as to why I can't post photos...Keeps saying file is too large. Same photos I regularly posted before the upgrade. I would appreciate a response to this inquiry.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:56 AM
Harley Condra

I DID NOT subscribe to this thread!
Why was I subscribed?
You guys better get these bugs worked out pretty soon. If I have to go through a long and tedious procedure to log in every time I visit RCU, why should I waste my time?
I am sure that I am not the only person getting fed up.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:59 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

For some odd reason the new improved, superduper, works so well forum software has subscribed me to lots of threads that I never have even looked at. More spam. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Harley Condra

Originally Posted by GBR2
For some odd reason the new improved, superduper, works so well forum software has subscribed me to lots of threads that I never have even looked at. More spam. Thanks.
I unsubscribed to this thread, then the quoted reply was made, and I was automatically re-subscribed! If I don't subscribe, don't do it for me!.
That's all I need....a full mailbox!
RCU, fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GBR2
Originally Posted by Harley Condra
I DID NOT subscribe to this thread!
Why was I subscribed?.

This was answered by IBobi 34 posts back, by myself about 5 pages back, might want to read through the thread.

Originally Posted by IBobi
Subscription Notification frequency and options can be customized in your profile.

Settings > General Settings > Default Thread Subscription Mode

Originally Posted by Harley Condra
If I have to go through a long and tedious procedure to log in every time I visit RCU

Clear your browser cache, cookies and browsing history. I did that, then went to the RCU front page RC Universe features rc cars, rc airplanes, rc helicopters, rc electric planes, rc boats, radio control jets, rc discussion forums, rc classifieds and auctions. and was able to sign in as usual. Selected the forum tabs and here we are....

Last edited by Hemikiller; 08-08-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:52 AM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

My Forums is still broken. The site doesn't recognize when I am signed in. The new format and colors are dreadful. Right now, all I have to say is this: RCU is a free forum and it's definitely not worth the money. I'll come back in a few months and see if you fixed this steaming POS.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:52 AM
warningshot

Default Logins

Not sure what you are saying in your post.Please tell us computer dummies (step by step) how to do this.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:58 AM
chefmarkt69
My Feedback: (3)

Has anyone got the new forum to work on there iphone? It used to work on mine but not any longer.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:11 AM
rotarydoc

Having an issue when replying, using Windows 8/Internet Exporer 10.....after typing a sentence, and hitting enter, it will not go to the next line, rather, just no response to the enter key, therefore, all my text runs together in one huge paragraph, since I cannot start new sentences...
Old 08-08-2013, 06:22 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Buttons at top right now working for me.

Mods forum is now accessible and I can see tickets.

THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by warningshot
Not sure what you are saying in your post.Please tell us computer dummies (step by step) how to do this.

How to clear browser cache and history....

How do I clear my web browser's cache, cookies, and history? - Knowledge Base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About cache, cookies, and history

Each time you access a file through your web browser, the browser caches (i.e., stores) it. By doing this, the browser doesn't have to newly retrieve files (including any images) from the remote web site each time you click Back or Forward. You should periodically clear the cache to allow your browser to function more efficiently.
A cookie is a file created by a web browser, at the request of a web site, that is then stored on a computer. These files typically store user-specific information such as selections in a form, shopping cart contents, or authentication data. Browsers will normally clear cookies that reach a certain age, but clearing them manually may solve problems with web sites or your browser.
A browser's history is a log of sites that you visit. When you press a browser's Back button, you are moving back one entry in the history log. Browsers will normally clear the history at regular intervals, but you may want to clear it manually for privacy.
Android

1. Start your browser.
  2. Tap Menu, and then tap More.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then tap OK to accept (or Cancel to cancel) the deletion.
Chrome

1. In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
  2. Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data).From the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu, you can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
  3. Click Clear browsing data.
Firefox

1. From the Tools or History menu, select Clear Recent History.If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
  2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
  3. Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which elements of the history to clear. Click Clear Now.
Internet Explorer 7

1. From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Delete Browsing History... .
  2. To delete your cache, click Delete files... .To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies... .
    To delete your history, click Delete history... .
  3. Click Close, and then click OK to exit.
Internet Explorer 9 and 8

1. Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History... .
  2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
  3. Click Delete.
Mobile Safari for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)

To clear cache and cookies:
  1. From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari.
  2. At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap Clear cookies and data, or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. Confirm when prompted.
To clear history:
  1. From the home screen, tap Safari.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
  3. In the lower left, tap Clear.
  4. Tap Clear History.
Opera

1. From the Opera menu, select Settings, and then Delete Private Data... .
  2. In the dialog box that opens, select the items you want to clear, and then click Delete.
Safari

1. From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari... .
  2. From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data covers both cookies and cache.

Last edited by Hemikiller; 08-08-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.