Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to have the 'Users viewing this thread' at the top rather than the bottom. Having it at the bottom seems a little odd to me
Old 08-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm trying to log out, and cannot. I leave & return, and I'm still logged in.

Also, I click on "My Forums", but posts from every forum appear.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 08-08-2013, 01:02 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Scar
I'm trying to log out, and cannot. I leave & return, and I'm still logged in.

Also, I click on "My Forums", but posts from every forum appear.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Logging out issue:
Please try again after following one of these directions to clear out your brower's cookies and cache.
Be sure you are clearing ALL RCU cookies -- your individual browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) will vary on how to do this.

Also, be aware that there are still log in/out issues that we are working on, so if this reoccurs even after you clear out your cookies/cache, please don't be alarmed. We are trying our best to fix it.

How to clear browser cache and history....

How do I clear my web browser's cache, cookies, and history? - Knowledge Base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About cache, cookies, and history

Each time you access a file through your web browser, the browser caches (i.e., stores) it. By doing this, the browser doesn't have to newly retrieve files (including any images) from the remote web site each time you click Back or Forward. You should periodically clear the cache to allow your browser to function more efficiently.
A cookie is a file created by a web browser, at the request of a web site, that is then stored on a computer. These files typically store user-specific information such as selections in a form, shopping cart contents, or authentication data. Browsers will normally clear cookies that reach a certain age, but clearing them manually may solve problems with web sites or your browser.
A browser's history is a log of sites that you visit. When you press a browser's Back button, you are moving back one entry in the history log. Browsers will normally clear the history at regular intervals, but you may want to clear it manually for privacy.
Android

1. Start your browser.
  2. Tap Menu, and then tap More.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then tap OK to accept (or Cancel to cancel) the deletion.

Chrome

1. In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
  2. Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data).From the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu, you can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
  3. Click Clear browsing data.

Firefox

1. From the Tools or History menu, select Clear Recent History.If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
  2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
  3. Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which elements of the history to clear. Click Clear Now.

Internet Explorer 7

1. From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Delete Browsing History... .
  2. To delete your cache, click Delete files... .To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies... .
    To delete your history, click Delete history... .
  3. Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Internet Explorer 9 and 8

1. Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History... .
  2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
  3. Click Delete.

Mobile Safari for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)

To clear cache and cookies:

1. From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari.
  2. At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap Clear cookies and data, or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. Confirm when prompted.

To clear history:

1. From the home screen, tap Safari.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
  3. In the lower left, tap Clear.
  4. Tap Clear History.

Opera

1. From the Opera menu, select Settings, and then Delete Private Data... .
  2. In the dialog box that opens, select the items you want to clear, and then click Delete.

Safari

1. From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari... .
  2. From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data covers both cookies and cache.

The MY FORUMS issue:

When you click My Forums, you're being taken to TWO lists. The first is a list of all the forums you have subscribed to. This is DIFFERENT that the old system. You are NOT, in fact seeing a list of all the forums on RCU -- it may look that way, but that's because you're subscribed to a ton of forums.

If you SCROLL DOWN you will see the list of all the forums you're subscribed to that have NEW POSTS.

We may be changing this so that you start off seeing only your forums with new posts and have to click View All Subscribed forums to see them all. Stay tuned.

Thank you for your patience!
Old 08-08-2013, 01:14 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by kwblake
Further on the "My Forums" problem. When I click on My Forums, it now takes me to the ones I have subscribed to, but two are missing. Also, I have what look like small blue balloons all over the first two or three. One other member posted what this looks like, earlier.
I have reported this problem, but could you provide me with a screen shot of these "small blue balloons" that are appearing on your screen to get a better idea of the problem?

Old 08-08-2013, 01:22 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by IBpark
I have reported this problem, but could you provide me with a screen shot of these "small blue balloons" that are appearing on your screen to get a better idea of the problem?

I can pretty regularly duplicate this issue whenever I click on "My Forums". When I scroll down to the listing of subscribed forums it gets peppered with these little balloons.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rcu_screenshot-1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	1906257  
Old 08-08-2013, 01:28 PM
JohnB96041

RCU HeartBeat still now showing anything. Guess it is a LOW priority. Also when switching forums, I get logged out.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:36 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dago Red
when looking at my subscriptions, it dosnt tell me the category that the thread is in. I only look in a few category's, so now I have to go hunt for the category's. all you get is the threads name and who posted. ive seen lots of forums up date, but RCU took a step backward.
We're working on a way to restrict viewing your subscription to only the ones that have new posts; but category/forum names are not possible.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:39 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

On the home page, there is the heading "top 15 threads in the last 24 hours", but i can not see the list of threads.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Can't sign out - I click the 'sign out' button, get the confirmation question, but nothing happens.

Google Chrome on Windows 7 64.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:57 PM
drac1

i am having the same problem Joe. Google Chrome on Windows 7 64.

Once i have logged in i can not then log out.

I clear my cookies and empty the cache then i can log out, but when i log in again i have to repeat this to log out again.

Shouldn't have to do this every time.

Last edited by drac1; 08-08-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by gaRCfield
Can't sign out - I click the 'sign out' button, get the confirmation question, but nothing happens.

Google Chrome on Windows 7 64.
Have you tried clearing out your browser's cookies and cache?
Please follow one of these directions and try again.

Chrome

2. Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data).From the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu, you can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
Please be aware that there are still log in/out issues that we are working on, so if this reoccurs even after you clear out your cookies/cache, please don't be alarmed. We are trying our best to fix it. Thank you for your patience!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:03 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by drac1
Once i have logged in i can not then log out.

I clear my cookies and empty the cache then i can log out, but when i log in again i have to repeat this to log out again.

Shouldn't have to do this every time.

You're right. You shouldn't have to clear your cookies and cache every single time.

Sometimes, cookies and cache don't get cleared out correctly.

Have you followed this direction to clear them out?
How to clear browser cache and history....

How do I clear my web browser's cache, cookies, and history? - Knowledge Base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About cache, cookies, and history

Each time you access a file through your web browser, the browser caches (i.e., stores) it. By doing this, the browser doesn't have to newly retrieve files (including any images) from the remote web site each time you click Back or Forward. You should periodically clear the cache to allow your browser to function more efficiently.
A cookie is a file created by a web browser, at the request of a web site, that is then stored on a computer. These files typically store user-specific information such as selections in a form, shopping cart contents, or authentication data. Browsers will normally clear cookies that reach a certain age, but clearing them manually may solve problems with web sites or your browser.
A browser's history is a log of sites that you visit. When you press a browser's Back button, you are moving back one entry in the history log. Browsers will normally clear the history at regular intervals, but you may want to clear it manually for privacy.
Android

1. Start your browser.
  2. Tap Menu, and then tap More.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then tap OK to accept (or Cancel to cancel) the deletion.

Chrome

Firefox

1. From the Tools or History menu, select Clear Recent History.If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
  2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
  3. Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which elements of the history to clear. Click Clear Now.

Internet Explorer 7

1. From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Delete Browsing History... .
  2. To delete your cache, click Delete files... .To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies... .
    To delete your history, click Delete history... .
  3. Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
  3. Click Delete.

Mobile Safari for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)

To clear cache and cookies:

1. From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari.
  2. At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap Clear cookies and data, or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. Confirm when prompted.

To clear history:

1. From the home screen, tap Safari.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
  3. In the lower left, tap Clear.
  4. Tap Clear History.

Opera

1. From the Opera menu, select Settings, and then Delete Private Data... .
  2. In the dialog box that opens, select the items you want to clear, and then click Delete.

Safari

1. From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari... .
  2. From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data covers both cookies and cache.

Be sure you are clearing ALL RCU cookies -- your individual browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) will vary on how to do this.

There are still log in/out issues that we are working on, so if this reoccurs even after you clear out your cookies/cache, please don't be alarmed. We are trying our best to fix it. Thank you for your patience!

Last edited by IBpark; 08-08-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Link correction
Old 08-08-2013, 02:09 PM
IBpark
Administrator

On the home page, there is the heading "top 15 threads in the last 24 hours", but i can not see the list of threads.

Yes, we are currently working on this issue, doing out best to fix it. Thank you for your patience!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:17 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by exocet-RCU
When I select the Airplanes forum, I am taken to the top of the Forums selection, not to Airplanes. I have cleaned my cache and cookies.
This issue has been fixed. Please let us know if it reoccurs. Thank you!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:27 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by FalconWings
New format keeps signing me out, constantly. Very annoying. Using IE8. Cleared chache, still doing it. Sometimes it logs me off when I switch forums. When I hit sign in, it takes me to my profile editing page without having to enter my logon info. Very weird.
We apologize for the inconvenience!

Sometimes cookies and cache do not get cleared out correctly. Be sure you are clearing ALL RCU cookies -- your individual browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) will vary on how to do this.Have you tried following these directions?

3. Click Delete.

There are still log in/out issues that we are working on, so if this reoccurs even after you clear out your cookies/cache, please don't be alarmed.
We are trying our best to fix it.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:35 PM
drac1

Originally Posted by IBpark
You're right. You shouldn't have to clear your cookies and cache every single time.

Sometimes, cookies and cache don't get cleared out correctly.

Have you followed this direction to clear them out?

If you are still have trouble logging out after this, please let us know.
That is what i did originally. I did it again, but still the same.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:55 PM
IBpark
Administrator

That is what i did originally. I did it again, but still the same.
Thank you. Unfortunately, we are still having log in/out issues that we are currently trying our best to fix. As this issue reoccurs even after you clear out your cookies/cache, please don't be alarmed.

We are trying our best to fix it.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:01 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by JohnB96041
RCU HeartBeat still now showing anything. Guess it is a LOW priority. Also when switching forums, I get logged out.
It's being worked on. Might be deployed later tonight.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:14 PM
nero1156
My Feedback: (275)

I am on a Mac, cleared browser, cookies, and cache. Still can not log the christ out. It has been three days. ***!! HOW DO I LOG OFF??????
Old 08-08-2013, 03:25 PM
sierracharlie
My Feedback: (21)

Default sign out part 2

I can not get signed out again!!! This is getting very old!!! Please sign me out and I will not sign in again. let me know when you fix it.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 158 Likes on 141 Posts

This exactly what is happening to me on both my MacBook and iPad.....

Originally Posted by aeajr
Sign in problem

Adding my experience with Sign In

Received an e-mail of a post - clicked the link and it took me to the thread and post. Cool
Tried to post a reply - no good, not signed in. OK
Click top link yellow sign in button - automatically takes me to my profile and welcomes me back. I did not enter UN or PW
OK, so I am signed in
Now I go back to the e-mail, click the link again - takes me to the thread but does not let me post - have to sign in.

Clicked yellow sign in link at top - took me to my profile again - welcome Ed - no UN or PW entered
navigated to the thread and had no problem posting.

Win 7 IE 10
Old 08-08-2013, 03:42 PM
JohnB96041

Just turn off the Mac........Ha, just joking.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:42 PM
neilrether

I checked the settings on RCU last night. All settings looked good. I will double/ triple check tonight though. I checked to see if my email provider was blocking them. They were not. However, since I posted in this forum I did receive an email notification for this forum today.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:54 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by nero1156
I am on a Mac, cleared browser, cookies, and cache. Still can not log the christ out. It has been three days. ***!! HOW DO I LOG OFF??????
Originally Posted by Dansy
This exactly what is happening to me on both my MacBook and iPad.....
Login/out issues have persisted throughout the day. It's our first priority to resolve this, so thanks for sticking it out with us.

Paul
Old 08-08-2013, 04:12 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have turned off every notification I can find. And I am still getting emails of new post. Am I missing something or is it just another glitch to be fixed?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.