Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 PM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pvogel

For folks who don't know -- vBulletin is one of the most robust and complete forum packages out there, last I checked vBulletin was the back end of well over 1,000,000 internet forums (and, no, I don't work for vBulletin, I was just involved in a forum software evaluation several years ago). vBulletin is an obvious choice and a good one, but like all change, it takes a little while for everyone to get used to the fact that some things moved around. It's like getting into a new car and trying to find the hazard light button...
Peter+
LOL. OK so here's a For Folks who don't know - Internet Brands who owns this website are also the owners and developers of the vBulletin forum software. So if they can't get it right then... well there's not much hope really.

My chrome refuses to login at all now, even after clearing the cookies multiple times. I've managed to type this with IE after messing with it for 10 minutes.

I've just built a new pc for a customer. IE and chrome will log me into the account information page but shows me logged out when I try to goto the forums. Brand new machine no cookies.

In my opinion, you have an issue with the user login (or cookies) from the old part of the forum (Member account information page) and the new Forum itself. The user account information is not passing and we have no way of logging directly into the forum, rather we are redirected back to the old rcuniverse Account information page.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:51 PM
BoomerSooner
My Feedback: (80)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got an email for a subscribed thread. Clicked on the link and was not logged in when the page appeared. I never log out of RCU either. I have to go back to the RCU main page and go to my forums and to my subscriptions for it to keep me logged in. Also when I click the my forums link on the RCU home page it takes me to the forums home page. Not toy forum subscriptions. ... This is getting real old already.........
Old 08-08-2013, 10:05 PM
michel30

I don't know if this issue is reported already, but I found it in at least the 'gas engine' section.

These are the old posts, as accessed from the "Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums":
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/

If I enter the 'gas engine' as sub-forum from "Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic" the I find an empty one (few recent posts only)
Same for "Giant Scale Aircraft - General": another new sub-forum with a few posts, different from "Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic".

Somehow linking the forums goes wrong: all three show "http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/" but the content differs.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:52 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

None of the fixes seem to apply to me.

I can't sign out, everything tells me I'm signed in exept the notice "You are not signed in, click here." I click on the sign in icon, and get taken to my profile.

I keep getting Email messages about being subscribed to threads, but NONE of the Email refers to threads on my subscribed list.

I cleared my cookies. I've rebooted, I've tried to sign out and sign in, neither work. I sign out and leave, then return to RCU and discover I'm signed in as myself. I've tried at my home computer, and I've tried at my computer at work.

I try to navigate to forums through the forum list, and have been unsuccessful. The only page I can get to holds posts from every forum, including ones that are not on my forum list.

At this point, RCU holds little utility for me, even browsing. Good luck fixing this fiasco.

Dave Olson
Old 08-09-2013, 04:27 AM
ahamay

I want to change the email address that the forum is sending my notifications to. Seems that the old part of rcuniverse has it's own user database and this is somehow being passed or synced with the new forum to allow logins, but the forum looks to have it's own separate username, password database and email account details. The forum is sending all emails to the email address that's in the vbulletin database not in the old rcuniverse database as per the first image. Trying to change the email address via settings in the forum produces the error message below.

This error message is correct as the passwords are not the same in the Member Account Information Area for my account compared to the one that's in the Vbulletin forum database. I know this for a fact as I managed to get the forum to reset my password and it emailed me a temporary one which is not the same as the password in the Member Account Information Area.

However your trying to hack the old part of the site together with the new forum is not working. You should abandon the old part of the website and just run the forum standalone.. at least people will be able to login. This is my last post on these problems. If they are not fixed by the weekend then I won't be coming back.

Very unprofessional approach you have taken to upgrading a system that has so many frequent users. Here we were moaning about the performance of the old forum.... but at this point I think most people would prefer to have the old forum back and not have to deal with such a trivial thing as not being able to login or logoff.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rcg01.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	1906397  
Old 08-09-2013, 04:43 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
Sorry about this! We are still trying to resolve the login issues.

For now, even if it shows you as logged in, if you are having intermittent issues we recommend doing the cookie-clearing dance:

1 : Go to the RCU forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum and clear your browser cookies
2 : Go to the RCU home page http://www.rcuniverse.com and clear your browser cookies
3 : (at this point the homepage and forum will NOT show you logged in)
4: Log in on the homepage at http://www.rcuniverse.com
5: Click to go into the forum

didnt work, it doesnt even let me sogn out. I sign out, prompts me are you sure? I select sign out and then takes me back to the forum still signed in.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Gene Margiotti
My Feedback: (4)

I'm not going to read thru this thread (waste of time). Specifically, the "my forums" tab doesn't work. Actually, none of the tabs under the "forums" main drop down box work. While typing this reply the editor quit working......
Old 08-09-2013, 05:33 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IBxAnders
Please be as detailed as possible when reporting an issue after the forum conversion. RCU technical team will be reviewing and providing updates to your report(s) as soon as possible. Thank you.

CURRENT BUG STATUS:

- ATTACHMENTS not displaying | Priority #1 | Tech team is working on the resolution | Attachments are NOT lost and will be back shortly.
GAS ENGINE FORUM appears to have disappeared. Only a handful of posts show up, all since the new RCU took effect
Old 08-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Well, something changed, but I still have problems.

Your advice: click on "My Forums" and scroll down past all the forums to see "My Forums". You're wrong. Every forum shows up, I scroll to the bottom, that's the end of the list. I would like to not be seeing the forums not in my forums list.

I still see invitations on every page to start an account or log in. I click on them, and get taken to my profile. So RCU is not recognizing that I am logged in, it won't let me log out, and doesn't recognize me or my preference settings. Every time I enter, from my computer at work or my computer at home, same story.

However, I was pleased that I can now see forums. I'll be more pleased when my preferences are recognized, and I don't have to scroll past a lengthy list of topics that don't interest me.

I've forgotten how to send this message. The buttons are "Post quick reply", "Go advanced" and "Cancel". I'll click on "Post quick reply".

Good luck
Dave Olson
edit: That worked.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well not specific to this software change but it happened again this morning; every morning about 7:00 AM MDT, I can count on the RCU servers going into a no response mode just like they were shut off. It happens so regularly that I really try to avoid browsing this forum at that time. If I happen to be on and the thing stops responding, I can check the time and most days it'll be with a minute of 7 AM. Today was different, it stopped working at 7:08 AM MDT.

And yes I've tried all the cache and DNS clearing tricks, they don't work. Windows 7 Ultimate and IE 8.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:24 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
Sorry about this! We are still trying to resolve the login issues.

For now, even if it shows you as logged in, if you are having intermittent issues we recommend doing the cookie-clearing dance:

1 : Go to the RCU forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum and clear your browser cookies
2 : Go to the RCU home page http://www.rcuniverse.com and clear your browser cookies
Understand this is the short term response. Unfortunately it impacts all the other sites I visit so I will pass on this for now since RCU is only a small part of the web surfing I do.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Oh I just love this.... I forgot to uncheck the subscription option to this thread, I go to the subsribed threads page, check this thread and there's no place I can find to delete the subscription....

I really HATE being automatically subscribed to a thread when I reply and would prefer that you go back to the old method of me opting in rather than having to opt out.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:02 AM
drube

Originally Posted by Nathan
When Clicking the yellow My Forums link near the top right of the page, you should first see your subscribed threads. When scrolling down, you should see your subscribed forums.
Nope.. Says Page Not Found.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Oh I just love this.... I forgot to uncheck the subscription option to this thread, I go to the subsribed threads page, check this thread and there's no place I can find to delete the subscription....

I really HATE being automatically subscribed to a thread when I reply and would prefer that you go back to the old method of me opting in rather than having to opt out.

To turn off the auto-subscribe, go to Settings, (General Settings) Messaging and Notifications, Default Thread Subscription Mode: - then click on the pulldown and select the option you prefer.

Last edited by Hemikiller; 08-09-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:16 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
I go to the subsribed threads page, check this thread and there's no place I can find to delete the subscription.....
To remove the subscription to this thread go up to the top of the thread and click on "Thread Tools" and then select "Unsubscribe from this thread".

Ken
Old 08-09-2013, 09:26 AM
acerc

It took me 20 minutes jumping all around to get this place to keep me signed in. I don't know what the IT guys are doing but it does not seem to be getting any better than day one.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:33 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
It took me 20 minutes jumping all around to get this place to keep me signed in. I don't know what the IT guys are doing but it does not seem to be getting any better than day one.

Robert,
Believe me when I say that I feel your pain. I suffer from the same issues about logging on that you all are having as well. Maybe more because of the amount of stuff I do here on RCU. But I know they are working go get the logins working. The problem is that there is a separate server that handles logins, this is required because of all the different area of RCU like the Discussion Forums and the Marketplace. They are working to get the new forum software to work and play well with the login servers. Hang in there, we'll get it working!!! Thanks for your understanding as we work the bugs out.

Ken
Old 08-09-2013, 09:43 AM
acerc

Unfortunately the one thing I loved about RCU is apparently gone forever, "It was different". Now it is so similar to all the other sites, it may as well be one of them. We don't like the colors, or the navigation, or all the links to the same thing. The page layouts are more difficult. The "return to top" then go elsewhere sucks. The photos in a thread is viewed differently and not as enlargeable. I don't know about anyone else but I for one am real disappointed and really miss the old RCU. It was more like being home, now it's like being at the in-laws!!!

Last edited by acerc; 08-09-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:45 AM
acerc

And I would be willing to bet if they split this site into one new and the old one, 90% of everyone would be in the old one!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:09 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
have reset the threads per page to 40 on 3 separate occasions now, and am still getting anywhere between 20 and 33 threads per page. have set the time setting to since the beginning or whatever it says, so i know it isn't an issue of no threads to display.
the colouration/layout is truly mind damaging to have to look at.
We've reset the background color to be *exactly* the same as it was on the old forum. The blue bar is the same blue, except there was a gradient that made it get lighter on the bottom, and we can't do that.

As to your posts per page issue, the only way it could be 33 is if there are only 33 posts in that thread. Be sure you are clicking SAVE after making such changes in your user settings. They're cookie-independent, so they ought to be locked in once you save.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:26 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by acerc
Any idea of when the subscriptions button next to my name and avatar will come on line? I can get to them in another manner it's just a lot longer way around.

This one?

What happens when you click it? And what browser & version are you running? Do you have any plugins that might be interfering? Try turning them off? Assume you have cleared cookies.

Meanwhile, other ways to get your subscriptions are using the My Forums, or SETTINGS, both of which will give you a list of your subscriptions with new posts; another click on VIEW ALL SUBSCRIBED THREADS will show you all of them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RCU subscription button.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1906486  
Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by RAMFlyer
Uh Nope!! I'm signed in but when I click on My Forums it takes me to a page that says I must sign in. Then I sign in and go to My Account and click on Forum Settings and it takes me to Edit My Profile...
Except for having to sign in more than once (we're working on these persistent login issues), that is all as-designed behavior. Hang in there!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:37 AM
NeilRivera

I cannot seem to be able to logout in Safari, I hit logout then the confirm button and nothing happens. Can't open pictures either as it says that I am not logged in even though it shows that I am ...
Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Glacier Girl
But still using FireFox, I have to login every time I go to the site.

Now two new items, I'm now subscribed to this very thread. If I go to my account, I have to login again, then if I try and go to any of my settings to unsubscribe, I get kicked out and return to the page that tells me I have to register or login.
Originally Posted by raptureboy
I can't log off no matter what I do it keeps bringing me back to the forum page. Did all the clear cach etc fixs still not working
Originally Posted by ahamay
My chrome refuses to login at all now, even after clearing the cookies multiple times. I've managed to type this with IE after messing with it for 10 minutes.

I've just built a new pc for a customer. IE and chrome will log me into the account information page but shows me logged out when I try to goto the forums. Brand new machine no cookies.

In my opinion, you have an issue with the user login (or cookies) from the old part of the forum (Member account information page) and the new Forum itself. The user account information is not passing and we have no way of logging directly into the forum, rather we are redirected back to the old rcuniverse Account information page.
Originally Posted by Scar
I can't sign out, everything tells me I'm signed in exept the notice "You are not signed in, click here." I click on the sign in icon, and get taken to my profile.

I cleared my cookies. I've rebooted, I've tried to sign out and sign in, neither work. I sign out and leave, then return to RCU and discover I'm signed in as myself. I've tried at my home computer, and I've tried at my computer at work.
Originally Posted by FalconWings
didnt work, it doesnt even let me sogn out. I sign out, prompts me are you sure? I select sign out and then takes me back to the forum still signed in.
Hi all,

These are login/logout issues that have persisted over the last couple of days and they are our #1 PRIORITY to fix.

We're very sorry about this and realize how annoying they are (since we're affected by them too -- I for instance can't log out on any browser).

For now, the only workaround we can offer is to clear your cookies using this method:

Be sure you are clearing ALL RCU cookies -- your individual browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) will vary on how to do this.

Thank you so much for continuing to report your bugs! This is the only way we can be sure we're addressing them all, and we rely on you for this.

Esther (IBpark) and I will be reporting here as things get resolved. I'm hoping we can have the login issue done soon.

Thank you for your patience!

Paul
Old 08-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Timthetoolman1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a favorites button saved for classic pattern so when I click it to take me to that page I have to log on each time. Using Google Chrome.

If I click log on, and without actually logging on, I click my favorites button to go back to Classic Pattern I'm automatically logged in. Could be a user setting, I'll go look.

Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.